Unable to get DHCP Address from Server behind Access Point

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Corey Arndt, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Corey Arndt

    Corey Arndt Guest

    I am trying to use DHCP on a Windows 2003 server to get an IP Address to my
    laptop via a Wireless AP.

    If I use the DHCP Server on the AP all works fine.

    If I disable the DHCP Server on the AP and try to use the DHCP on the W2k3
    Server, I never get an IP Address.

    I have setup DHCP Relay angent on the AP pointing to the IP of the W2k3
    Server and nothing works.

    My laptop just says, acquiring ip address and then after 1 minute or so it
    stops.

    Any Thoughts?
    I am using Windows 2003 w/sp1 and Windows XP w/sp2 and all current patches
    (that I know of).

    Thank You

    Corey Arndt, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Corey Arndt

    GTS Guest

    Try setting the IP address of the WAP to a static address in the Windows
    2003 server subnet (outside it's DHCP range) as well as disabling DHCP in
    the WAP.

    GTS, Mar 2, 2006