    message about missing files. Can anyone tell a procedure to reformat if it
    is still possible? Thanks, Dan.

    ---
    Dan, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Dan

    Clarke Rice Guest

    A couple of possibilities I'd check:
    1 - scratches on the CD
    2 - that your PC is actually trying to book off the PC - this is set in
    BIOS options

    Normally, if the PC is set to boot off CD before looking at hard disk, the
    Win CD will fire up and do the rest for you (with a few clicks in the right
    places).

    hth

    CR

    Clarke Rice, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Dan

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:35:25 +0100, In this world we created "Dan"
    <> wrote :

    >Hi, I have been attempting to reinstal Windows ME after problems preventing
    >normal startup and being unable to update I.E.6. I have reformatted the
    >drive a few times before but now the boot disk program does not load with a
    >message about missing files. Can anyone tell a procedure to reformat if it
    >is still possible? Thanks, Dan.

    Try another boot disk,
    http://www.netpathway.com/~kramer/reinstall.html
    http://www.bootdisk.com

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Dan

    °Mike° Guest

    Whenever requesting advice, ALWAYS include the verbatim
    error message. It is no good saying, "does not load
    with a message about missing files." That means nothing.
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:35:25 +0100, in
    <z0XLa.9635$>
    Dan scrawled:

    >Hi, I have been attempting to reinstal Windows ME after problems preventing
    >normal startup and being unable to update I.E.6. I have reformatted the
    >drive a few times before but now the boot disk program does not load with a
    >message about missing files. Can anyone tell a procedure to reformat if it
    >is still possible? Thanks, Dan.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 30, 2003
  5. Dan

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 00:17:17 +0100, In this world we created "Dan"
    <> wrote :

    >Thanks for the replies. I'd just like to clarify the problem. The bootdisk
    >(I've tried four different ones) is ignored although the floppy disk drive
    >is otherwise working. There is no message to this problem Windows just loads
    >again but the graphics are as if in safe mode although the startup selection
    >is 'Normal Startup'. If I click on 'Auto Execute' on the floppy icon in 'My
    >Computer' I get 'Could not create temperary drive for your diagnostic tools.
    >This may be because this computer has less than the minimum required
    >extended memory. (memory 18.6GB used 5.04GB Free 13.5GB)
    >Path not found-:\command.com
    >Path not found-\Extract.exe
    >Path not found-Readme txt
    >Bad command or file names
    >The diagnostic tools were successfully loaded to drive.
    >File not found'
    >Suggests restart.

    Faulty RAM.
    If you have two sticks try each separately.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jul 1, 2003
  6. Dan

    °Mike° Guest

    Check that you have the BIOS set to boot from floppy first.

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 00:17:17 +0100, in
    <4y3Ma.10477$>
    Dan scrawled:

    >Thanks for the replies. I'd just like to clarify the problem.
    >The bootdisk (I've tried four different ones) is ignored
    >although the floppy disk drive is otherwise working.

    <snip>

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jul 1, 2003