"Unable to find the WAB.DLL."

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Bearcat-2, Nov 14, 2009.

  1. Bearcat-2

    Bearcat-2 Guest

    I am also having an issue with the e-mail. I recently purchased a Windows 7,
    64-bit computer (my previous computer's mother board decided she wasn’t going
    to live here any more).

    In between the first and second computer I viewed and replied to my e-mails
    via my internet provider "suddenlink.net". Nothing fancy just plain old
    e-mail traffic.

    After buying the new machine, I began setting it up for use with the
    programs I used in the previous machine. One of the first things I did was
    to set up my e-mail account. I loaded my 2000 Professional Office suite like
    I had on the previous computer (it used Windows XP). I set it up in the
    POP3 "suddenlink.net" e-mail protocol. Outlook loaded the e-mails from that
    start date forward.

    It was when I tried to send new e-mails I started getting a prompt saying -
    "An error occurred while attempting to open the WAB. Unable to find the
    WAB.DLL."

    I decided to do two things 1.) set up the Windows Live E-mail and 2.)
    uninstall the 2000 Professional Office suite and re-install it minus the
    Outlook 2000. The Windows Live E-Mail is wonderful and operates very much
    like Outlook. Unfortunately I am still getting the (Windows Address Book)
    WAB.DLL prompt.

    How do I fix this issue? and how do I pull all the e-mails onto Windows Live
    that are in the Suddenlink webmail box prior to setting up my new machine?

    Oh and one more issue. When I am on a web site and I click on a contact
    link to e-mail a person, I get a prompt that says "Could not perform this
    operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." Are
    they talking about me or the person I am trying to contact thru their link?

    Sorry to be so long winded.

    Thank you
    Bearcat-2, Nov 14, 2009

  2. Bearcat-2