    network worked OK, and I don’t know what’s changed.

    Thanks for any help.

    Bob
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIGluIERF?=, Nov 10, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIGluIERF?=

    Malke Guest

    Bob in DE wrote:

    > I have two desktop computers, both with Windows XP. Signal comes from
    > cable to a wireless router which is hard-wired to one computer and
    > wireless (USB-G) to the other. Both access internet OK. Both will ping
    > router IP, and wireless IP, and neither will ping hard-wired IP
    > address. Folders on both computers are set to allow file sharing.
    > Procedure for setting up home network in My
    > Network Places seems to work OK. However, the network doesn?t work.
    > In ?My Network?, I see the wireless folders from the wireless
    > computer, but from the
    > hard-wired computer, I see only ?My Web sites on MSN?. In ?View
    > Network Computers? error message suggests that I may not have access
    > permission, but I don?t have any passwords set on either computer. Two
    > months ago the home network worked OK, and I don?t know what?s
    > changed.

    If either of your computers is SP2, look in the Windows Firewall
    configuration and make sure the lan is permitted. It sounds like you
    have a firewall preventing you from connecting.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Nov 10, 2004

  3. You're welcome to email me at if you would like to
    work this through one-on-one in email...

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 10, 2004
  4. I'm having the exact same problem, and no amount of playing in the Firewall
    settings has availed anything. Is there something specific I need to do
    within the firewall settings to make it all work? It's so frustrating!

    James

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Nov 15, 2004