    gratefully appreciated as obviously we cant watch it until we have this
    sorted :)
    Angel
    Angel thoughts, May 17, 2004

  2. Angel thoughts

    °Mike° Guest

    Windows Media Player Error Code 80040200 Information
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/mediaplayer/wmper/wmp80040200.asp

    Shorter link for above:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?I27513096

    Error Message: Unable to Download an Appropriate Decompressor
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230687

    Use GSpot to determine what codec you need.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:42:16 +0100, in
    <vY5qc.79$>
    Angel thoughts scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 17, 2004

  3. Hi,
    got g spot but dont know how to get it to determine what codec or
    decompressor I need. Help.....:)
    Angel

    Angel thoughts, May 17, 2004
  4. It says g spot doesn't support this file type as of yet.

    Angel thoughts, May 17, 2004
  5. Angel thoughts

    °Mike° Guest

    Read the links I gave you; the file was probably
    created with QuickTime.
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

    Or try QuickTime Alternative
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 17:11:28 +0100, in
    <On6qc.86$>
    Angel thoughts scrawled:

    >It says g spot doesn't support this file type as of yet.
    >

    >"Angel thoughts" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> got g spot but dont know how to get it to determine what codec or
    >> decompressor I need. Help.....:)
    >> Angel

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 17, 2004
  6. In article <vY5qc.79$>,
    "Angel thoughts" <> wrote:

    > Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)
    > im trying to download a movie and keep running into this problem. Any help
    > gratefully appreciated as obviously we cant watch it until we have this
    > sorted :)
    > Angel

    Google for "kazaa lite codec pack" without quotes. Download it and
    install it. If it still doesn't open (in Media Player), then it's
    either corrupted, or the work of Satan.

    --
    James Longstreet
    http://www.generationxyu.com