    cannot. Virus & spyware scans are clean. Any help appreciated

    TIA

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 26, 2006

  2. Re: Unable to dl mp3's from program streaming sites in FF 1.5 or2.0

    Dan wrote:
    > Lately I have not been able to dl mp3's from sites offering downloads of
    > programming in FF. This was the case with my previous version (1.5, I
    > think, whatever came just before the new release) as well as with the
    > new 2.0. Examples of sites are
    > http://www.sciencefriday.com/pages/bydate.html,
    > http://www.transom.org/shows/archives.html, and
    > http://www.democracynow.org/index.pl. I can dl the mp3's from all of
    > these sites in IE 7. Has IE, somehow "stolen" this ability? When I go
    > to one of the dl links, FF just tries indefinitely to connect, but
    > cannot. Virus & spyware scans are clean. Any help appreciated
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    Try right clickimg on the link, and selecting Save Link As. That should
    start a download of the file. Report back with how that wols.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Dan wrote:
    >> Lately I have not been able to dl mp3's from sites offering downloads
    >> of programming in FF. This was the case with my previous version
    >> (1.5, I think, whatever came just before the new release) as well as
    >> with the new 2.0. Examples of sites are
    >> http://www.sciencefriday.com/pages/bydate.html,
    >> http://www.transom.org/shows/archives.html, and
    >> http://www.democracynow.org/index.pl. I can dl the mp3's from all of
    >> these sites in IE 7. Has IE, somehow "stolen" this ability? When I
    >> go to one of the dl links, FF just tries indefinitely to connect, but
    >> cannot. Virus & spyware scans are clean. Any help appreciated
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Dan

    > Try right clickimg on the link, and selecting Save Link As. That should
    > start a download of the file. Report back with how that wols.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee-Thanks for the reply. Yup, that works! Thank you. But why would
    this have changed? I've been listening to these programs for years in
    FF, all I ever hd to do up until the last few days was click on the link.

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 26, 2006
  4. Re: Unable to dl mp3's from program streaming sites in FF 1.5 or2.0

    Dan wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Dan wrote:
    >>> Lately I have not been able to dl mp3's from sites offering downloads
    >>> of programming in FF. This was the case with my previous version
    >>> (1.5, I think, whatever came just before the new release) as well as
    >>> with the new 2.0. Examples of sites are
    >>> http://www.sciencefriday.com/pages/bydate.html,
    >>> http://www.transom.org/shows/archives.html, and
    >>> http://www.democracynow.org/index.pl. I can dl the mp3's from all of
    >>> these sites in IE 7. Has IE, somehow "stolen" this ability? When I
    >>> go to one of the dl links, FF just tries indefinitely to connect, but
    >>> cannot. Virus & spyware scans are clean. Any help appreciated
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Dan

    >> Try right clickimg on the link, and selecting Save Link As. That
    >> should start a download of the file. Report back with how that wols.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Lee-Thanks for the reply. Yup, that works! Thank you. But why would
    > this have changed? I've been listening to these programs for years in
    > FF, all I ever hd to do up until the last few days was click on the link.
    >
    > Dan

    First, I am glad it works for you. Second, Look in FF 2.0:

    Tools>>Options>>Content

    Under File Types, click the Manage button:

    If you find an entry for MP3's, remove it.

    Try again. Nte the path for FF 1.5.0.7 is different, though the dialog
    is the same.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 26, 2006
  5. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > First, I am glad it works for you. Second, Look in FF 2.0:
    >
    > Tools>>Options>>Content
    >
    > Under File Types, click the Manage button:
    >
    > If you find an entry for MP3's, remove it.
    >
    > Try again. Nte the path for FF 1.5.0.7 is different, though the dialog
    > is the same.
    >
    > Lee

    The REMOVE option was not available (dimmed), so I went into "Change
    Action" & specified "save to disk". That did it! I recently loaded
    Video Lan VLC, & despite the fact mp3's are set to opne with winamp (and
    they do) VLC was listed as the program in FF. I think this is what
    brought about the change. Anyway, all is well now!

    Thanks Lee!

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 26, 2006
  6. Re: Unable to dl mp3's from program streaming sites in FF 1.5 or2.0

    Dan wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>
    >> First, I am glad it works for you. Second, Look in FF 2.0:
    >>
    >> Tools>>Options>>Content
    >>
    >> Under File Types, click the Manage button:
    >>
    >> If you find an entry for MP3's, remove it.
    >>
    >> Try again. Nte the path for FF 1.5.0.7 is different, though the
    >> dialog is the same.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > The REMOVE option was not available (dimmed), so I went into "Change
    > Action" & specified "save to disk". That did it! I recently loaded
    > Video Lan VLC, & despite the fact mp3's are set to opne with winamp (and
    > they do) VLC was listed as the program in FF. I think this is what
    > brought about the change. Anyway, all is well now!
    >
    > Thanks Lee!
    >
    > Dan

    Great news!!

    Lee