    I am only able to disable it by disabling the adapter in device manager. I
    should not have to do that. What is causing this behavior.
    Thanks...Peter
    Peter Welk, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Greetings Peter,

    Open the Network Connections folder and right-click the Wireless Network
    Connection and choose Properties. What protocols do you have installed?

    __________________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Eric Cross [MVP], Nov 11, 2004

  3. Peter Welk

    Peter Welk Guest

    I only have tcp/ip installed. In addtion to the wireless adapter I have a
    regular network adapter for cable with only TCP/IP installed. I can not
    disable it as well.
    In the Properties for the wireless and regular network adapter the protocols
    NWLink NetBIOS and NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS compatible.... are listed but they
    are not checked. Also Cryptographic Services are started and set to
    "automatic" . The path in the properties of Crypotgraphic Services is
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs.
    Thanks...Peter

    Peter Welk, Nov 19, 2004
  4. I have same problem. I have XP Pro with SP2 ... File & Printer
    sharing,TCP/IP, and Client for MS Networks. My wireless works fine, but when
    I'm on the road, I want to disable from any possible nets such as
    peer-to-peer.

    =?Utf-8?B?RFpT?=, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Peter Welk

    subgoin

    Joined:
    May 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Solved: unable to disable network connection

    I found a solution, hope will work for you !

    1. Restart the PC, enter to BIOS setup by pressing F2 or Delete.

    2. Go to Advanced settings.

    3. There to Plug & Play O/S Option, and set it to Yes.

    Now if you try to disable the network..it should work.

    Thanks & Regards
    05/05/2007

    :star:
    subgoin, May 5, 2007
  6. Peter Welk

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    unable to disable wireless connection.

    :dito: Hi,
    My XP system is having same problem as Pete Welk. With same message. My protocols are -
    Client for microsoft networks
    files & printer sharing for microsoft networks
    Qos packet scheduler
    AGGIS protocol (IEEE 802.1x) V3.4.5.0
    Internet protocol (TCP/IP)

    Also my system automaticaly connects to internet when i start up my my computer? I seem to have no control over this.

    Be most greatful for someone to help please.

    Thanks,

    Dave.
    , Oct 15, 2007