Unable to delete STATIC NAT on a Cisco 3700 router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Nigel Cullen, Apr 17, 2007.

  1. Nigel Cullen

    Nigel Cullen Guest

    Hi,

    I am tryign to delete the following static NAT

    no ip nat inside source static 194.128.x.x 89.207.x.x route-map new-
    range

    I get the following message

    %Translation not found

    I have tried to remove the route-map, , deleted the access list
    associated with the route map, rebooted the router, all to no avail.

    doing at sh ip nat trans gives the following:

    Pro Inside global Inside local Outside local Outside
    global
    --- 89.207.x.x 194.128.x.x --- ---

    Any suggestions on how to remove this NAT gratefully received !

    Cisco support does not seem to have anything on this.

    Cheers
    Nigel Cullen, Apr 17, 2007

  2. Nigel Cullen

    Guest

    On 17 Apr, 12:19, Nigel Cullen <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am tryign to delete the following static NAT
    >
    > no ip nat inside source static 194.128.x.x 89.207.x.x route-map new-
    > range
    >
    > I get the following message
    >
    > %Translation not found
    >
    > I have tried to remove the route-map, , deleted the access list
    > associated with the route map, rebooted the router, all to no avail.
    >
    > doing at sh ip nat trans gives the following:
    >
    > Pro Inside global Inside local Outside local Outside
    > global
    > --- 89.207.x.x 194.128.x.x --- ---
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to remove this NAT gratefully received !

    I don't follow exactly however I recall that it is not possible
    to remove certain NAT configuration elements if there are
    active translations.

    clear ip nat tr * ! or more specific clear if that is what you want
    then quickly, before a new translation can be created

    Of course in the event that new translations are set up
    right away you may have to use an ACL or something to
    block the traffic.

    Don;t cut yourself off from the router.
    , Apr 18, 2007