    being used. How can I tell if it is being used & how to stop it from being
    used - does anyone know a good application for this.

    Thanks
    ***JB, Oct 30, 2004

  2. ***JB

    °Mike° Guest

    Use TheFontThing, uninstall the font and then
    delete it. And before you ask, yes TFT does
    work with Windows XP.
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

    Alternatively, try booting into Safe Mode to delete
    the folder.

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:45:15 +0100, in
    <4183c51b$0$29190$>
    ***JB scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 30, 2004

  3. ***JB

    Buffalo Guest

    "***JB" <> wrote in message
    > I have a folder containing a number of font files, however if I try to
    > delete the folder I get the error :
    > "Cannot delete 9RADIUMD.ttf
    > Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
    > currently in use."
    >
    > The disk is neither full or write protected, so it would seem the file is
    > being used. How can I tell if it is being used & how to stop it from being
    > used - does anyone know a good application for this.
    >
    > Thanks

    Perhaps go to where you choose which font to use and change it there before
    deleting it.
    When in IE, click on Tools,Internet Options,General Tab, Fonts.
    Or use Windows Help.
    Buffalo, Oct 30, 2004
  4. ***JB

    St Bernard Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:45:15 +0100, "***JB"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a folder containing a number of font files, however if I try to
    >delete the folder I get the error :
    >"Cannot delete 9RADIUMD.ttf
    >Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
    >currently in use."
    >
    >The disk is neither full or write protected, so it would seem the file is
    >being used. How can I tell if it is being used & how to stop it from being
    >used - does anyone know a good application for this.
    >
    >Thanks

    This use to drive me nuts in Xp until I tried

    GiPo MoveOnBoot

    "Copies, moves or deletes files and folders on the next system boot.
    The utility is very useful when the user needs to replace or delete
    files which are locked by other applications, loaded into the memory
    or just cannot be changed until next system boot."

    http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/fileutil/index.htm

    At the bottom of the page is an older free version which works fine
    :)
    St Bernard, Oct 31, 2004