Unable to create ASP.NET application

Discussion in 'Software' started by SHARP END, Apr 4, 2007.

  1. SHARP END

    SHARP END

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hi guys,

    I have a problem when I what to create ASP.NET application,
    the error is

    The Web Sever reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL:'http://localhost/webApplication1'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.

    I have VS.NET 2003, Iam running IIS v5.1
    when I go http://localhost the IE gives "The Page Cannot be displayed"

    I have removed Microsoft.Net framework 1.1 and reinstalled it again
    I have ran the command c:\iisreset a couple of times but still nothing happens

    please advise,
    Thank you

    SHARP END, Apr 4, 2007