    Sometimes it even connects to the network, but it never gets given an IP
    address and so ends up with a 169.*.*.* address.

    Any help in finding the source of the problem would be greatly appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?Zmx5ZXI1OTA=?=, Sep 6, 2006

  2. Hi
    Regular Infrastructure Wireless network is far more superior to Ad-Hoc.
    Wireless Router (working as Access Point) can be found on sale for $15-$30.
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    In any case, the principle of Ad-Hoc connection can be found in this page,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx?pf=trueHi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 7, 2006