    The only option i have is to buy Acrobat Pro but thats too expansive for
    me,and even that im not sure it will work.

    Im open up to ideas.
    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Jul 10, 2005

  2. lostword wrote:

    > The only option i have is to buy Acrobat Pro but thats too
    > expansive for me,and even that im not sure it will work.

    It wouldn't help because Adobe hasn't released a 64-bit PDF
    printer yet, unfortunately.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, Jul 10, 2005

  3. "lostword" <> a écrit dans le message de
    news: ...
    > No matter what i do and what i use,i can't seem to create a PDF printer

    RedMon 64 bits and Ghotscript (32 or 64 bits) can be a solution

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=5454

    http://www.winimage.com/misc/redmon/

    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/
    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/en/redmon.htm

    http://www.huisartsoldenzaal.nl/srv_www.huisartsoldenzaal.nl/algemeen/pdfg-tool_en.pdf
    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/get851.htm

    I've head "docuPrinter from neevia.com works well in x64 Edition" (see
    thread "Printing to PDFs -- any way?") on this forum
    Gilles Vollant \(MVP\), Jul 10, 2005
  4. Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
    > It wouldn't help because Adobe hasn't released a 64-bit PDF
    > printer yet, unfortunately.

    That's right. When will they wake up?

    But you should be able to print to postscript (Microsoft supplies a
    driver), and then convert the document to PDF using ghostscript. GSview
    has a menu entry for doing that.

    Some of the free PDF "printer drivers" such as PDFCreator are just glue
    around the PS printer driver and ghostscript. They may work under x64
    with little or no modification.

    Thomas
    Thomas Steffen, Jul 10, 2005
  5. Thomas Steffen wrote:

    > That's right. When will they wake up?

    Soon I hope. I have requested it more than once at:
    <http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html>.

    > But you should be able to print to postscript (Microsoft
    > supplies a driver), and then convert the document to PDF using
    > ghostscript. GSview has a menu entry for doing that.

    It's too complicated to set up and doesn't work as well as the
    regular Adobe PDF printer that I'm used to, in my opinion.

    I have therefore chosen to wait on Adobe to release a x64
    compatible PDF printer, and until it happens, I'm using the PDF
    printer from Acrobat 7 Pro in WinXP x86. I still miss a bunch
    of drivers for x64, so I haven't skipped WinXP x86 yet, but I'm
    looking forward to the day where I'm able to skip it.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, Jul 10, 2005
  6. Neevia's docuPrinter works well under x64 Edition. I'm running it now.
    Installed without a hitch, and just works.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 11, 2005
  7. Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
    [ghostview[
    > It's too complicated to set up and doesn't work as well as the
    > regular Adobe PDF printer that I'm used to, in my opinion.

    I need a Postscript viewer anyway, so for me it is no extra hassle. But
    you are right, unfortunately the quality of the PDF document is not
    quite the same.

    > I have therefore chosen to wait on Adobe to release a x64
    > compatible PDF printer, and until it happens, I'm using the PDF
    > printer from Acrobat 7 Pro in WinXP x86. I still miss a bunch
    > of drivers for x64, so I haven't skipped WinXP x86 yet, but I'm
    > looking forward to the day where I'm able to skip it.

    I am looking forward to the day the MS realises that it was a mistake to
    put the printer driver into kernel space. Maybe soon? :)

    Thomas
    Thomas Steffen, Jul 11, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

    wewa Guest

    PDFCreator 0.8 AFPL works well for me in x64 3790:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=57796&package_id=53473&release_id=228013

    wewa, Jul 12, 2005