    of supernews or a misconfig in my PC?

    Thanks in advance.

    Some1

    Some1, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Some1

    IC Guest

    Some1 wrote:
    > Using OE 6.00.2800.1123 I sometimes find that I cannot see the new
    > postings in the NG's.
    > The message is
    > Configuration:
    > Account: news.xxxx.ca
    > Server: news.xxxx.ca
    > Protocol: NNTP
    > Port: 119
    > Security (SSL): 0
    > Code: 800ccc0e
    >
    > Could someone explain me what's going on? Is this the fault of my ISP
    > or of supernews or a misconfig in my PC?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Some1

    Cantact your ISP.

    IC, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Some1

    °Mike° Guest

    XIMS: Outlook Express POP3, Error 0x800ccc0e, Socket Error 10061

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:04:42 -0500, in
    <>
    Some1 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Some1

    Some1 Guest

    "°Mike°" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > XIMS: Outlook Express POP3, Error 0x800ccc0e, Socket Error 10061
    >

    > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:04:42 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Some1 scrawled:
    >
    > >Using OE 6.00.2800.1123 I sometimes find that I cannot see the new
    > >postings in the NG's.
    > >The message is
    > > Configuration:
    > > Account: news.xxxx.ca
    > > Server: news.xxxx.ca
    > > Protocol: NNTP
    > > Port: 119
    > > Security (SSL): 0
    > > Code: 800ccc0e
    > >
    > >Could someone explain me what's going on? Is this the fault of my ISP

    or
    > >of supernews or a misconfig in my PC?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > >Some1

    Thank you. It seems to be something from my ISP or news service provider
    because without changing my config I sometimes have access and sometimes
    I don't. I've read the MSKB Article 191687, and made the netstat -an and
    the
    TCP 0.0.0.0:119 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    was not found.

    I suppose that it might be because I'm using ZoneAlarm in stealth mode.

    Regards,

    Some1.

    Some1, Dec 16, 2003