Unable to connect via USB from GPS to 'Google Earth Premium'

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tomben@comcast.net, Aug 28, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Good afternoon:
    I am a rooky with this Google Earth. I want to conect to it via my
    Garmin 'STREET PILOT c550'. I connect the two devices and I know that
    they are connected because I get that 'Sound' that says they are and
    the picture on the GPS unit shows a computer and a GPS unit.
    I go to the top left of the Google Earth page and 'click' TOOLS/GPS/
    Garmin/Waypoints and them 'IMPORT'. At that point I get an un Godly
    noise and the message flashes and then stops and I get the error
    message:"COULD NOT FIND THE DEVICE GARMIN:RESTART THE DEVICE CHECK THE
    CONNECTIONS AND TRY AGAIN"
    So therein lies my dilema. I have the latest version for the Garmin.
    Any suggestions that anyone could offer to solve this would be greatly
    appreciated !!! Have a pleasant afternoon.
    Thanking you in advance for any and all suggestions; I Remain;

    Most Sincerely

    Thomas H. Bennett 111

    , Aug 28, 2007