    Centre Edition 2005.

    Has anybody encountered this problem or have any advice they can offer?

    Thanks in advance.
    Darth Invidious, May 28, 2006

  2. Darth Invidious

    Luke Guest

    Are you having any other connectivity issues with the laptop ? Is the laptop
    configured with a static address or do you have a DHCP server on your network
    ?

    Luke, May 28, 2006

  3. Both computers connect through a Netgear DG834PN with DHCP enabled, and there
    are no connectivity issues.

    I thought the Readiness Review Suite was accessed directly from the local
    drive anyway...

    Darth Invidious, May 29, 2006
  4. Darth Invidious

    Syd Guest

    "Darth Invidious" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Both computers connect through a Netgear DG834PN with DHCP enabled, and
    > there
    > are no connectivity issues.
    >
    > I thought the Readiness Review Suite was accessed directly from the local
    > drive anyway...

    Yes it is. It is not a problem of connectivity in that sense. It is a
    problem of the 'engine' (so called) connecting with the specific file of the
    specific exam.

    I'd suggest a possible 'radical' solution. Uninstall both, engine and exam
    file. Re-install them and look where you install them.
    Syd, May 30, 2006
  5. Thanks Syd. I've unsinstalled and re-installed on several occassions now
    (both to the default location and another location on the disk) and each case
    I'm still "unable to connect to specified database".

    It certainly works on my Desktop PC but not the notebook.

    Darth Invidious, May 30, 2006
  6. Darth Invidious

    Syd Guest

    "Darth Invidious" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Thanks Syd. I've unsinstalled and re-installed on several occassions now
    > (both to the default location and another location on the disk) and each
    > case
    > I'm still "unable to connect to specified database".
    >
    > It certainly works on my Desktop PC but not the notebook.

    hmmm... it seems like something needed is missing. (ram?) Is there an help
    feature? Have you checked the possible requirements? Have you reinstalled
    both files? 'Engine' and specific exam?
    Syd, May 30, 2006
  7. I had similar problem with readiness review for 70-270.
    The readiness review nead to be patched because of some security patch in
    Windows is blocking it from work as expected.
    It has been to long ago to remember exactly how/where to find it, but a
    starting point should be http://www.microsoft.com/mspress

    "Darth Invidious" <> skrev i
    meddelandet news:...

    Henrik Johansson, Jun 7, 2006