    have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.

    --
    Hifo
    =?Utf-8?B?SGFyb2xk?=, Jan 29, 2005

  2. OK, lets do this one step at a time.

    Disable WEP on the router and adapter, as well as any other security you
    have
    Disable Speedboost on the adapter and router.

    Do you connect now?

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 29, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGFyb2xk?=

    FOAD Guest

    you say you have xp with sp2, did you try turning off windows firewall?
    a lot of times it's because win firewall stops connection, go into
    services and stop it, then try...

    AL

    In article <>,
    says...

    FOAD, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Thanks for your help, but have done all that and it still says unable to
    connect. It simply says no association with access point

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFyb2xk?=, Jan 29, 2005
  5. Yes, I turned it off and also disabled autoprotect on Norton antivirus but it
    still cant connect.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFyb2xk?=, Jan 29, 2005
  6. (See post at bottom)

    "Harold" wrote:

    > Hi, can any one help me out? I just got a wireless linksys network adaptor
    > with sped booster for my laptop that runs xp pro with sp2 that just would not
    > connect to my wireless linksys router with speed booster. Despite all I have
    > tried, it says it cant associate with access point. The guys at linksys cant
    > seem to help. Repairing the connection also fails. The WEP encription and
    > configurations are all correct. When I click connect, it starts connecting,
    > then disconnects after detecting the router. Signal strenght is full also. I
    > have tried using netfix but says it cant connect to my wireless router.
    >
    > --
    > Hifop

    Harold, did you try reinstalling the router per the Linksys' original
    install instructions? If you did please disregard, but I've had to do this a
    couple times over the years with my Linksys wireless router--don't now why,
    but that's the only way I've gotten back up and running--I had "excellent
    signal strength" but no internet! Good luck!
    =?Utf-8?B?bXBk?=, Jan 29, 2005
  7. MPD, I did all that and still no dice.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFyb2xk?=, Jan 30, 2005
  8. Guys, Thanks so much. I eventually got some one at linksys who could isoate
    and solve the problem. He got me to uninstall the WLAN monitor and use
    windows wireless zero to configure the adapter, then change the routers
    channel from the default channel 6 to channel 11. This work immediately.
    Thanks once again.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFyb2xk?=, Feb 1, 2005