    I tried prefixing my dial up no for onetel. net (can't now use bt anytime
    because I must have BT line) but couldn't get it to work. Does anyone have
    any experience of how to solve this please?

    Joseph Cavanagh, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Joseph Cavanagh

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Joseph Cavanagh continued:

    > I have just moved into student accommodation. to make voice calls I
    > have to pre dial **3# then a seven digit account number followed by#
    > and then the no to dial.
    >
    > I tried prefixing my dial up no for onetel. net (can't now use bt
    > anytime because I must have BT line) but couldn't get it to work.
    > Does anyone have any experience of how to solve this please?

    Ask Onetel.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Joseph Cavanagh

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
    Jones MD continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote:

    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Joseph Cavanagh
    >> continued:
    >>
    >>> I have just moved into student accommodation. to make voice calls I
    >>> have to pre dial **3# then a seven digit account number followed by#
    >>> and then the no to dial.
    >>>
    >>> I tried prefixing my dial up no for onetel. net (can't now use bt
    >>> anytime because I must have BT line) but couldn't get it to work.
    >>> Does anyone have any experience of how to solve this please?

    >> Ask Onetel.

    > Useless fucktard.

    Don't recall him. Was he studying Astro-particle Mechanisms in Space ?
    Or are you just a fool ?

    Now let me see....hmmmm.

    I think I know, but I'll let you post a crap response /just/ to confirm my
    suspicions.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 27, 2003
  4. On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:01:39 +0100, Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    <> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed to
    the world:

    >"slumpy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >>threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
    >>Jones MD continued:

    >>> Useless fucktard.

    >>Don't recall him. Was he studying Astro-particle Mechanisms in Space ?
    >>Or are you just a fool ?
    >>
    >>Now let me see....hmmmm.
    >>
    >>I think I know, but I'll let you post a crap response /just/ to confirm my
    >>suspicions.

    >How about "Thought you had me killfiled, ya lying prick"?
    >
    >Yeah - that'll do.

    I see his kill file abilities are on par with bRAIN h.
    Say! yuo don't suppose that they are both ....

    THEM! do yah????//
    LOLOLOLO!!111!!!

    UseNet Rules #n:
    No firm info at the present time is available on just what the other UseNet
    Rules #n are. However, at a guess, they include:
    --
    Rule #nonumber: There are no hard-and-fast Rules on UseNet, only Guidelines,
    which are more or less strictly enforced (and differ) from group to group;
    this is why it's generally wise to read any group for a bit before ever
    posting to it.
    Rule #0: *There* *is* *no* *C*b*l*. There *is*, however, a net-wide
    conspiracy designed solely to lead Dave Hayes (q.v.) to believe that there
    is a C*b*l.
    Corollary: *There* *are* *no* *pods*.
    Rule #9: It's *always* September, *somewhere* on the Net.
    Dave Fischer's Extension: 1993 was The Year September Never Ended [so far,
    there doesn't seem to be much evidence he's wrong...]
    Rule #17: Go not to UseNet for counsel, for they will say both `No' and
    `Yes' and `Try another newsgroup'.
    Rule #2 (John Gilmore): "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes
    around it."
    Rule #108 (from the soc.motss FAQ): "What will happen to me if I read
    soc.motss?" "In general, nothing. (You may be informed or infuriated, of
    course; but that's a standard Usenet hazard.)"
    Rule #666: Old alt groups never die. They don't fade away nicely, either.
    Rule #7-B: There is no topic so thoroughly covered that noone will ever
    bring it up again.
    Rule #90120: Applying your standards to someone else's post *will* result
    in a flamewar.
    Rule #1: Spellling and grammer counts. So do grace, wit, and a sense of
    humor (the latter two are different), as well as a willingness to meet
    odd people, but these are lesser considerations.
    Rule #x^2: FAQs are asked frequently. Get used to them.
    Rule #29: no rational discourse can happen in a thread cross-posted to
    more than two newsgroups.
    rule #6 (Eddie Saxe): don't post to misc.test unless you understand the
    consequences.
    Rule #547 (Arne Adolfsen): When people know they're wrong they resort to ad
    hominems.
    Rule #37 (Faisal Nameer Jawdat): Read the thread from the beginning, or else.
    Rule #5 (Reimer's Reason): Nobody ever ignores what they should ignore on
    Usenet.
    Rule $19.99 (Brad `Squid' Shapcott): The Internet *isn't* *free*. It just has
    an economy that makes no sense to capitalism.
    Rule #3 ("Why 3?" "Because we felt like it"): For every opinion there is at
    least one equally loud and opposing opinion; sometimes stated as:
    Rule #27 (Gary Lewandowski): "In cyberspace, *everyone* can hear you scream."
    And for completeness' sake:

    Rule #4: (Godwin's Rule) Any off-topic mention of Hitler or Nazis will cause
    the thread it is mentioned in to an irrelevant and off-topic end very soon;
    every thread on UseNet has a constantly-increasing probability to contain
    such a mention.
    Quirk's Exception: Intentional invocation of this so-called "Nazi Clause" is
    ineffectual.
    Case's Corollary: If the subject is Heinlein or homosexuality, the
    probability of a Hitler/Nazi comparison being made becomes equal to one.
    - net.legends FAQ (<URL:http://www.uiuc.edu/
    ~tskirvin/faqs/legends.html>)
    --
    Copyright 1999, Tim Skirvin
    <URL:http://www.uiuc.edu/~tskirvin/faqs/godwin.faq>

    Pinears P HornSwaGGle, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Joseph Cavanagh

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
    Jones MD continued:

    >>> Useless fucktard.

    >> Don't recall him. Was he studying Astro-particle Mechanisms in Space
    >> ?
    >> Or are you just a fool ?
    >>
    >> Now let me see....hmmmm.
    >>
    >> I think I know, but I'll let you post a crap response /just/ to
    >> confirm my suspicions.

    > How about "Thought you had me killfiled, ya lying prick"?

    Yep, that was just as expected, and confirmed what I thought.
    Find the post where I said I'd KF'd you and you win a donut.

    > Yeah - that'll do.

    If you can find it, smeghead.
    --
    slumpy