    is only certain websites, and certain parts of websites. Could it be
    a web router down between Texas and California? post replies here, as
    can't read my email.

    Jerry Adams, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Jerry Adams

    nota chance Guest

    Stickems wrote:

    > Network congestion.
    >
    > "Jerry Adams" <> wrote in message
    > | Starting about noon, Sat. 7 Aug until today, 8 August, from north
    > | Texas, I have been unable to connect to parts of certain websites. I
    > | can get the main page of ebay, but not the listings. I can't access
    > | my webbased email on Yahoo. Google comes up fine. The error I get is
    > | "can't find server". Has anyone had this problem? It is odd that it
    > | is only certain websites, and certain parts of websites. Could it be
    > | a web router down between Texas and California? post replies here, as
    > | can't read my email.

    I had a similar thing here a while back as well on our rogers on my
    dad's side. I had to re-set my dad's side and delete the files. only
    difference I had on my was another browser as the default other than ie
    skipped my site I think some sort of bug is at play using a cookie in it.

    After I re-set my dad's side the prompt for selecting the default
    browser came up I told it not to make it the default and also not to
    come up again seems to be working fine here.

    nota chance, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Jerry Adams

    Stickems Guest

    Stickems, Aug 8, 2004