Unable to connect to 5505 Switch via Console

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Newbie72, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. Newbie72

    Newbie72 Guest

    The hospital I work for has a Cisco 5505 series switch. We are clearing
    out old inventory and I am trying to console into the switch to see
    what IOS is running or if there are any issues with the switch prior to
    trading it in. The switch is running dual sup modules with sup III. All
    the module lights go green and the module in slot 1 shows active and
    good according to the lights but I am unable to connect to the switch.
    In order to trade the switch in we need to be able to email sho ver and
    sho mod outputs to the resseller. I have tried the conventional buad of
    9600 data 8 stop 1 and parity and hardware none. I have also tried
    other buad rates as well. this switch has been out of production for
    some time and I have no idea what its previous config was like because
    it was taken out of production by a previous employee who is no longer
    here.

    Anybody have any tips or words of wisdom how I can reset this thing to
    default baud rate or any other way to get into the switch.

    Thanks,

    Steve Johnson
    Newbie72, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Newbie72

    Merv Guest

    try popping out the 1st sup you tried and see if you can get in on the
    other suo
    Merv, Apr 25, 2006

  3. Newbie72

    Newbie72 Guest

    try popping out the 1st sup you tried and see if you can get in on the
    other suo

    I tried that and unfortunately still no go.... I just
    tried a different console cable and that did not help either.
    Newbie72, Apr 25, 2006
  4. Newbie72

    Merv Guest

    make sure you use a straight-thru cable on a SUP III console port
    Merv, Apr 25, 2006
  5. Newbie72

    Newbie72 Guest

    make sure you use a straight-thru cable on a SUP III console port

    Thanks Merv you are the Man!!!
    Newbie72, Apr 25, 2006
  6. Newbie72

    Merv Guest

    so you got in ?
    Merv, Apr 25, 2006
  7. Newbie72

    Newbie72 Guest

    I am in.....

    Thank You
    Newbie72, Apr 25, 2006
  8. Newbie72

    ArtGle

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Unable to connect to 5505 switch Supervisor III-NFFC II

    I'm pretty good at my own cables. I've got a 1700 series and I'm getting into that with my own cable.
    I've also got some other switches that I can get into.
    But this 5505 had defied me since I got it.
    I'm looking for a schematic for the DB-9 to the RJ-45 conversion.

    Any help?
    ArtGle, Jan 5, 2009