Unable to configure sub interfacers 3750

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by feck199, Sep 1, 2006.

  1. feck199

    feck199

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Orignally i had c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEB4 image installed,
    I was able to make a sun interface but unable to configure encapsulation on it.

    I updated to 3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE2 Image

    Now i cant even make a subinterface, only lets me configure the actual ports, if i try to do a subinterface it says invalid command

    Am i mistaken that the following commands should work on a 3750?

    int Gi1/0/6.860
    encapsulation dot1q 500 second-dot1Q 860
    ip address xx.xx.xx.xx xx.xx.xx.xx

    My aim is the enable qinq, as i have different locations off site each with one server, each been on a different vlan and they all are ment to travel down one to get back to the main office.

    feck199, Sep 1, 2006

  2. feck199

    feck199

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    need to 10 vlans, travel down one vlan and then get split up again back at my end, i have cisco 3750's and 2950's spare, and asa thats been used but thigns can be added to its config,

    any advice on a plan?

    feck199, Sep 5, 2006