    the same message when repairing the connection on either computer.

    thanks

    mark

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFyay5ldw==?=, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Go into Control Panel >>> Administrative Tools >>> Services >>> and make
    sure your "DNS Client" is set to automatic and started.

    Tell me if this helps.

    --
    Greg Lindsay [MSFT]

    no rights.

    Greg Lindsay [MSFT], Feb 2, 2007

  3. Hi
    You can find general info about DNS here,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_system
    What is your specific settings of DNS is depends on how you are connected to
    the Internet (type of connection, Router, Software firewall etc.).
    Could be that trying this process will take care of the local problem,
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 2, 2007
  4. thanks for your help, that has worked.

    thank you

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFyay5ldw==?=, Feb 2, 2007