    Selected NZ, and I get a message saying Nero Ultra Retail is not available
    to NZ...so tried the serial number only option and got the same message.

    What gives ? Do they want Kiwis to pirate it ?

    XPD, Jul 24, 2005

  2. XPD

    PseUDO Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > Im keen on purchasing a legal full version of Nero Ultra Edition, so off to
    > the Nero website I went to see details etc. When adding it to the shopping
    > cart, the site asked me to enter (from a drop down) which country I was in.
    > Selected NZ, and I get a message saying Nero Ultra Retail is not available
    > to NZ...so tried the serial number only option and got the same message.
    >
    > What gives ? Do they want Kiwis to pirate it ?

    If your quick you can grab a cheap copy here in the next 30mins!,
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Software/Other/auction-31813623.htm

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Jul 24, 2005

  3. XPD

    thingy Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > Im keen on purchasing a legal full version of Nero Ultra Edition, so off to
    > the Nero website I went to see details etc. When adding it to the shopping
    > cart, the site asked me to enter (from a drop down) which country I was in.
    > Selected NZ, and I get a message saying Nero Ultra Retail is not available
    > to NZ...so tried the serial number only option and got the same message.
    >
    > What gives ? Do they want Kiwis to pirate it ?

    I sometimes wonder......

    It might have a NZ wholesaler with exclusive rights, maybe try a retailer?

    While digging for info on Toast on google I was very surprised on seeing
    just how many bittorrent copies seem to be available......I was pretty
    much swamped....I am beginning to understand why suits are getting so
    upset....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jul 24, 2005
  4. XPD

    Tony Guest

    Please use www.nero.com

    Tony, Jul 24, 2005
  5. XPD

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:24:57 +1200, thingy <> wrote:

    >XPD wrote:
    >> Im keen on purchasing a legal full version of Nero Ultra Edition, so off to
    >> the Nero website I went to see details etc. When adding it to the shopping
    >> cart, the site asked me to enter (from a drop down) which country I was in.
    >> Selected NZ, and I get a message saying Nero Ultra Retail is not available
    >> to NZ...so tried the serial number only option and got the same message.
    >>
    >> What gives ? Do they want Kiwis to pirate it ?
    >>

    >I sometimes wonder......
    >
    >It might have a NZ wholesaler with exclusive rights, maybe try a retailer?
    >
    >While digging for info on Toast on google I was very surprised on seeing
    > just how many bittorrent copies seem to be available......I was pretty
    >much swamped....I am beginning to understand why suits are getting so
    >upset....
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing

    He is not using the correct Web site

    Its www.nero.com

    Tony, Jul 24, 2005
  6. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:56:05 +1200, "XPD" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Im keen on purchasing a legal full version of Nero Ultra Edition, so off
    >>the Nero website I went to see details etc. When adding it to the shopping
    >>cart, the site asked me to enter (from a drop down) which country I was
    >>in.
    >>Selected NZ, and I get a message saying Nero Ultra Retail is not available
    >>to NZ...so tried the serial number only option and got the same message.
    >>
    >>What gives ? Do they want Kiwis to pirate it ?
    >>

    > Please use www.nero.com

    Errrr I did..... "so off to the Nero website I went "

    XPD, Jul 24, 2005
  7. XPD

    PC Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > Im keen on purchasing a legal full version of Nero Ultra Edition, so off
    > to the Nero website I went to see details etc. When adding it to the
    > shopping cart, the site asked me to enter (from a drop down) which country
    > I was in. Selected NZ, and I get a message saying Nero Ultra Retail is not
    > available to NZ...so tried the serial number only option and got the same
    > message.
    >
    > What gives ? Do they want Kiwis to pirate it ?

    Harvey Norman in Hamilton had 3 boxed copies of Nero 6 on the self a couple
    of months ago, < $300.
    May have 'Ultra' now.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jul 24, 2005
  8. XPD

    XPD Guest

    > Harvey Norman in Hamilton had 3 boxed copies of Nero 6 on the self a
    > couple of months ago, < $300.
    > May have 'Ultra' now.

    $300 ??? fudge that...... its only $145NZD from the US....looks like Ill
    have to get a friend over there to purchase for me then ship it over.

    XPD, Jul 24, 2005
  9. XPD

    PseUDO Guest

    XPD wrote:
    >>Harvey Norman in Hamilton had 3 boxed copies of Nero 6 on the self a
    >>couple of months ago, < $300.
    >>May have 'Ultra' now.

    > $300 ??? fudge that...... its only $145NZD from the US....looks like Ill
    > have to get a friend over there to purchase for me then ship it over.

    Trademe "Buynow" for $85
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Software/Other/auction-32035639.htm

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Jul 25, 2005
  10. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    > XPD wrote:
    >>>Harvey Norman in Hamilton had 3 boxed copies of Nero 6 on the self a
    >>>couple of months ago, < $300.
    >>>May have 'Ultra' now.

    >> $300 ??? fudge that...... its only $145NZD from the US....looks like Ill
    >> have to get a friend over there to purchase for me then ship it over.

    > Trademe "Buynow" for $85
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Software/Other/auction-32035639.htm
    >
    > PseUDO

    CHeers, will check that out.

    --
    XPD^
    http://www.xpd.co.nz/

    XPD, Jul 25, 2005
  11. "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > Im keen on purchasing a legal full version of Nero Ultra Edition, so off
    > to the Nero website I went to see details etc. When adding it to the
    > shopping cart, the site asked me to enter (from a drop down) which country
    > I was in. Selected NZ, and I get a message saying Nero Ultra Retail is not
    > available to NZ...so tried the serial number only option and got the same
    > message.
    >
    > What gives ? Do they want Kiwis to pirate it ?

    I emailed Nero about this:
    -------
    Why is both the serial number and the retail package of the "Nero 6 Ultra
    Edition" not available to just about every country in the drop-down list,
    including New Zealand?

    http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Nero_6_Ultra_Edition_Info_Page.html

    Tony.
    -------

    The response:

    -----------
    Dear valued customer,

    thank you for your email and your interest in our software.

    Because the Nero 6 Ultra Edition is only available for the USA, Canada and
    Mexico. If you want to purchase Nero 6 please do so on the English homepage
    and please purchase Nero 6 Reloaded.

    Should you have any other request, please don't hesitate to contact us
    again.

    Best regards

    Natalie Dennhardt
    Sales Support

    Nero AG
    Im Stoeckmaedle 18
    76307 Karlsbad
    Germany
    Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499
    http://www.nero.com

    ---------

    She didn't really say ~why~ this was so...

    Tony.

    The Black Wibble, Jul 25, 2005
  12. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "The Black Wibble" <> wrote in message

    > I emailed Nero about this:
    > -------
    > Why is both the serial number and the retail package of the "Nero 6 Ultra
    > Edition" not available to just about every country in the drop-down list,
    > including New Zealand?

    Yeah. weird.... Im still waiting for a reply :)

    XPD, Jul 25, 2005
  13. XPD

    Tony Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 06:35:49 +1200, "The Black Wibble" <>
    wrote:

    >"XPD" <> wrote in message
    >> Im keen on purchasing a legal full version of Nero Ultra Edition, so off
    >> to the Nero website I went to see details etc. When adding it to the
    >> shopping cart, the site asked me to enter (from a drop down) which country
    >> I was in. Selected NZ, and I get a message saying Nero Ultra Retail is not
    >> available to NZ...so tried the serial number only option and got the same
    >> message.
    >>
    >> What gives ? Do they want Kiwis to pirate it ?

    >I emailed Nero about this:
    >-------
    >Why is both the serial number and the retail package of the "Nero 6 Ultra
    >Edition" not available to just about every country in the drop-down list,
    >including New Zealand?
    >
    >http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Nero_6_Ultra_Edition_Info_Page.html
    >
    >Tony.
    >-------

    It is, go to the US web site

    www.nero.com

    Tony, Jul 26, 2005
  14. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message
    > It is, go to the US web site
    >

    > www.nero.com

    The product is there, but try purchasing it and selecting NZ as your
    country.

    PS:
    If you tell me to goto www.nero.com one more time, Im going to send some
    Oopma Loompas around to sing to you all day/night for the rest of your life.

    XPD, Jul 26, 2005
  15. XPD

    Tony Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:33:49 +1200, "XPD" <> wrote:

    >"Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> It is, go to the US web site
    >>

    >> www.nero.com
    >>

    >The product is there, but try purchasing it and selecting NZ as your
    >country.

    I did..

    Tony, Jul 26, 2005
  16. XPD

    Tony Guest

    Go to www.nero.com and try again. You need to use the US web site.

    Tony, Jul 26, 2005
  17. XPD

    PAM. Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message news:AzgFe.3492
    > Go to www.nero.com and try again. You need to use the US web site.

    nerolinux (.com)?

    PAM.

    PAM., Jul 26, 2005