Unable to browse certain sites through Wireless router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by mpr_prabhu@yahoo.com, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello All.
    I am facing very strange problem with my Router. While I am able to
    browse Internet, I cannot get to certain sites at all (for e.g.
    www.msn.com, mail.yahoo.com) while I can get to some of the sites
    (www.yahoo.com, www.google.com).
    The browser seems to be contacting the sites as I see web site found
    and progress bar moving. However strangely after that nothing happens
    i,e. browser just hangs and does not even come back with page not found

    error.

    I have cable internet connection from my ISP. I have a static IP
    assigned to me by my ISP.
    When I connected my PC (Running XP Pro) directly to the internet,
    everything seems fine. I can browse all sites mentioned above.
    (I Have TCP/IP settings on the network connections configured to
    specify DNS, my m/c IP etc)

    The problems started when I configured a wirless LAN using Wireless
    Router from D-Link (DI-524).I configured my router to the setting
    provided by ISP (i.e. static IP and other gateway settings etc)
    I connect the cable from my ISP to the router and connect my desktop to

    the router. I also use a Laptop (running XP Pro) to connect and I face
    same problems as seen on the desktop

    When I switch my network connection direct to desktop, everything seems

    to be fine.

    Anybody faced such issues and been able to solve?
    Thanks
    - prabhu
    , Aug 10, 2005