Unable to boot to DiskWarrior DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Nov 15, 2008.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    Have a DW DVD a friend made me... My mac won't boot, running fsck says
    Keys out of order.

    Booting from the DW DVD, the error displays is
    The "com.Alsoft.DiskWarrior.prefs" file is corrupt or write protected.
    Quit DiskWarrior, throw away the preference file, then, open
    DiskWarrior again. A new preference file will be created with the
    default settings.

    The "com.Alsoft.DiskWarrior.prefs" preference file is located within
    the Preferences folder that is within the library folder of your
    startup disk.

    But this file isn't anywhere on my DVD or my hard drive.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks :)
    Evan Platt, Nov 15, 2008