Unable to be redirected

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by twhite8611@aol.com, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    When I sign in to Ebay or Google Groups, after pressing enter, I get a
    message:

    "If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from
    automatically redirecting to a new URL.
    Please click here to continue. "

    However, the IE hangs up at this point. Usually I can get into my Ebay

    or Google Groups by opening another window after receiving this
    message. Sometimes I have to repeatedly open other windows in order to

    get in. Clicking on the hypertexted URL in "Click here" has no effect.

    What settings do I need to change in order to be automatically
    redirected?

    I am using XP service pack 1 and IE version 6.

    Thanks

    Tim

    , Dec 19, 2005

  2. "" <> wrote in

    > "If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from
    > automatically redirecting to a new URL.
    > Please click here to continue. "

    > Clicking on the hypertexted URL in "Click here" has no effect.

    Sounds like Javascript doesnt work...

    Try this: http://gsaauctions.gov/brow_details/IE6instr.htm

    Florian

    Florian Knodt, Dec 19, 2005

  3. Guest

    Florian:

    Thanks for the response. I went to the URL you posted. My settings
    are what they suggest. Any other possibilities you can think of?

    Thanks

    Tim

    , Dec 19, 2005
  4. Max Wachtel Guest