    but i'm unable to access the internet.

    It shows 'Excellent signal strength' as well but somehow
    doen;t connect to the internet.
    Dicky, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Dicky

    hawk Guest

    Not enough specific information to offer help. What is your internet
    connection?

    hawk

    hawk, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Dicky

    Dicky Guest

    Thanks ,

    I have an ADSL connection and i'm trying to connect to it
    from my laptop(compaq) thru compaq wireless card.

    The configuration's looks fine & it shows 'Excellent
    Signal Strength' but it doesn;t connect to the Wireless
    Access point at all.

    On this laptop, i have a linux partition as well but the
    wireless part isnlt workign there too.

    Would be great if i could get the win xp working about it
    atleast.

    Cheers,
    Dicky

    Dicky, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Dicky

    hawk Guest

    Is the DSL modem connected to a wireless router? If yes, is the
    wireless card in the compaq set to the same SSID, channel, etc. as the
    router? Have you run the WinXP network wizard?

    hawk

    hawk, Jun 28, 2004
  5. Dicky

    Guest Guest

    yup the DSL modem is connecteed to the wireless AP. Also
    the SSID is set correctly on both the Wireless AP & the
    compaq wireless card. I tried the WinXP wizard as well.

    my only doubt is if i have to re-install the driver for
    the compaq card coz otherwise ervything's seems
    right....also it shows excellent signal strenght.

    thanks,

    Jo

    Guest, Jun 29, 2004
  6. Dicky

    hawk Guest

    Does the software for the wireless card have any provision to "join" a
    network? My wireless scans for local signals and shows signal
    strength, but doesn't use the connection until I "join" the network.

    Also, what happens when you try to bring up a web page? Does it time
    out? Does it just hang there "resolving"? What messages/symptoms do
    you get?

    hawk

    hawk, Jun 29, 2004