    think of its Firefox 1.5 ? I checked my router firmware, and its the
    latest.

    Anyone have any ideas?
    SW Monkey, Mar 13, 2006

  2. SW Monkey wrote:
    > For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
    > When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the
    > same information going through Internet Explorer, and it works.
    >
    > Ive never had trouble with Firefox before, so the only thing I can
    > think of its Firefox 1.5 ? I checked my router firmware, and its the
    > latest.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?

    Have you checked your saved passwords in Firefox? I've saved duff router
    passwords there before and not even remembered doing so :)

    Try Tools->Options->Privacy, select the 'Passwords' panel then the 'View
    Saved Passwords' button. Look for the entry/entries for your router's IP
    address, then delete it. Return to the router's web page and try your
    u-n/password again.

    cheers,

    David H
    David Harrison, Mar 13, 2006

  3. SW Monkey

    norm Guest

    On 13 Mar 2006 12:42:48 -0800, "SW Monkey"
    <> wrote:

    >For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
    >When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the
    >same information going through Internet Explorer, and it works.
    >
    >Ive never had trouble with Firefox before, so the only thing I can
    >think of its Firefox 1.5 ? I checked my router firmware, and its the
    >latest.
    >
    >Anyone have any ideas?

    enabled javascript?
    norm, Mar 13, 2006
  4. SW Monkey

    avalanche* Guest

    <> wrote:

    >For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
    >When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the
    >same information going through Internet Explorer, and it works.
    >
    >Ive never had trouble with Firefox before, so the only thing I can
    >think of its Firefox 1.5 ? I checked my router firmware, and its the
    >latest.
    >
    >Anyone have any ideas?

    You might ask in alt.internet.wireless.
    avalanche*, Mar 13, 2006
  5. SW Monkey

    Z Guest

    SW Monkey wrote:
    > For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
    > When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the

    Does it actually tell you the username or password is incorrect?

    Do you type both the username and password or rely on the stored
    username/password from Firefox's passwords file?

    > Anyone have any ideas?

    My router needs javascript enabled to display its screens properly. For
    example, if I try to access the router it with js disabled, it looks
    like it's stuck on the login screen, even if I enter the correct
    username and password.

    You may be experiencing a similar problem.
    Z, Mar 13, 2006
  6. SW Monkey

    SW Monkey Guest

    Z wrote:
    > SW Monkey wrote:
    > > For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
    > > When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the

    > Does it actually tell you the username or password is incorrect?
    >
    > Do you type both the username and password or rely on the stored
    > username/password from Firefox's passwords file?
    >

    > > Anyone have any ideas?

    > My router needs javascript enabled to display its screens properly. For
    > example, if I try to access the router it with js disabled, it looks
    > like it's stuck on the login screen, even if I enter the correct
    > username and password.
    >
    > You may be experiencing a similar problem.

    Yep, I checked that also. Under Firefox Options -> Content, Javascript
    is checked. Is there another place I should check for this?
    SW Monkey, Mar 14, 2006
  7. SW Monkey

    Z Guest

    SW Monkey wrote:
    > Yep, I checked that also. Under Firefox Options -> Content, Javascript
    > is checked. Is there another place I should check for this?

    Click on Advanced to the right of Enable JavaScript. Is everything
    checked in that sub menu?

    Also:

    Does the router actually tell you the username or password is incorrect?

    Z, Mar 15, 2006
  8. SW Monkey

    SW Monkey Guest

    Z wrote:
    > SW Monkey wrote:
    > > Yep, I checked that also. Under Firefox Options -> Content, Javascript
    > > is checked. Is there another place I should check for this?

    > Click on Advanced to the right of Enable JavaScript. Is everything
    > checked in that sub menu?
    >
    > Also:
    >
    > Does the router actually tell you the username or password is incorrect?
    >
    > Do you type both the username and password or rely on the stored
    > username/password from Firefox's passwords file?

    Everything is checked EXCEPT Hide the status bar and Change status bar
    text.

    I type the user/pass manually, and it comes back after 3 trys saying it
    was incorrect, to reset my router blah blah blah. I also tried
    Roboform, which I use, but that doesnt work either. Roboform and
    manually entering in Internet Explorer works.
    SW Monkey, Mar 15, 2006