    for it when it has worked well for the last three years. Can you help me??
    Please!!

    Lambert Lai

    lambertlai, Dec 22, 2006

  2. lambertlai

    beenthere Guest

    "lambertlai" <> wrote in message
    news:C1B16832.96F1%...
    > things had been working fine until today. Double clicked on MS Outlook
    > Express ver. 5.0.6 as usual to go through my email. Error message pops us
    > as
    > "authentication failed - the pop server username or password you entered
    > is
    > incorrect. would you like to try and reenter your password?"
    >
    > I don't remember my password. Nor do I know why Outlook Express is asking
    > for it when it has worked well for the last three years. Can you help me??
    > Please!!
    >
    > Lambert Lai

    Do a System Restore to yesterday (or recently).

    BW..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 22, 2006

  3. lambertlai

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:47:14 -0500, lambertlai Has Frothed:

    > things had been working fine until today. Double clicked on MS Outlook
    > Express ver. 5.0.6 as usual to go through my email. Error message pops us as
    > "authentication failed - the pop server username or password you entered is
    > incorrect. would you like to try and reenter your password?"
    >
    > I don't remember my password. Nor do I know why Outlook Express is asking
    > for it when it has worked well for the last three years. Can you help me??
    > Please!!
    >
    > Lambert Lai

    Probably a problem with your isp.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Dec 22, 2006
  4. lambertlai

    Mike Easter Guest

    lambertlai wrote:
    > things had been working fine until today. Double clicked on MS Outlook
    > Express ver. 5.0.6 as usual to go through my email. Error message
    > pops us as "authentication failed - the pop server username or
    > password you entered is incorrect. would you like to try and reenter
    > your password?"
    >
    > I don't remember my password. Nor do I know why Outlook Express is
    > asking for it when it has worked well for the last three years. Can
    > you help me?? Please!!

    There are two/three different but related issues here. The primary
    symptom is that you need to troubleshoot the authentication failure
    which requires that you know your user/pw. The fact that you don't
    know/remember/maintain your pw is a separate but related problem. A
    third problem underneath all of that is that you don't have a proper
    system for password management/maintenance.

    IMO you should know/get your password, as opposed to just being able to
    get your mail again without knowing your pw. And you should have a pw
    managment plan for general purposes. Then, after you get those
    deficiencies straightened out you can begin to work on troubleshooting
    your email's popserver account problem.

    You have two choices of strategies for getting your OE pw. -1- Get an
    OE software password cracker/decrypter -2- Contact your email server
    provider and determine a satisfactory channel for hir communicating your
    pw to you.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 22, 2006
  5. lambertlai <> wrote in

    > things had been working fine until today. Double clicked on MS Outlook
    > Express ver. 5.0.6 as usual to go through my email. Error message pops
    > us as "authentication failed - the pop server username or password you
    > entered is incorrect. would you like to try and reenter your password?"
    >
    > I don't remember my password. Nor do I know why Outlook Express is
    > asking for it when it has worked well for the last three years. Can you
    > help me?? Please!!
    >
    > Lambert Lai

    It's your email server. Just try again later. And meanwhile, send them a
    request for your password - by email.

    I think a good movie would be about this guy
    who is a brain scientist, but he gets hit on the head
    and it damages exactly that part of the brain
    that makes you want to study the brain.
    So, everyday he wakes up to try to figure out
    what his life was all about before getting hit on the head.
    It could be a romantic comedy because when he wakes up
    with an ugly girl, he'd think he's being Punk'd by Ashton Kutcher.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 22, 2006
  6. lambertlai

    Tester Guest

    <> wrote:

    >things had been working fine until today. Double clicked on MS Outlook
    >Express ver. 5.0.6 as usual to go through my email. Error message pops us as
    >"authentication failed - the pop server username or password you entered is
    >incorrect. would you like to try and reenter your password?"
    >
    >I don't remember my password. Nor do I know why Outlook Express is asking
    >for it when it has worked well for the last three years. Can you help me??
    >Please!!

    Here is a freeware program that MAY work.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html

    If not, call Time Warner/Roadrunner and tell them you forgot your POP3
    password. They'll probably give you a new one depending on how it's
    set up. Some ISP's can read your passwords but many can't and can just
    set a new one.j

    Tester, Dec 22, 2006
  7. lambertlai wrote:

    > things had been working fine until today. Double clicked on MS Outlook
    > Express ver. 5.0.6 as usual to go through my email. Error message pops us
    > as "authentication failed - the pop server username or password you
    > entered is incorrect. would you like to try and reenter your password?"
    >
    > I don't remember my password. Nor do I know why Outlook Express is asking
    > for it when it has worked well for the last three years. Can you help me??
    > Please!!

    That happens when your ISP has just a hiccup. Don't panic, try again
    tomorrow, do NOT change settings now.
    But then ... dig for the papers describing your account details, just in
    case you need them. And go shopping for a new computer ...

    Walter Mautner, Dec 22, 2006
  8. lambertlai

    beenthere Guest

    "Walter Mautner" <> wrote in message
    > beenthere wrote:
    >

    >> "lambertlai" <> wrote in message
    >>> things had been working fine until today. Double clicked on MS Outlook
    >>> Express ver. 5.0.6 as usual to go through my email. Error message pops
    >>> us

    >> Do a System Restore to yesterday (or recently).
    >>

    > Now guess, with OE5(.06) which version of windows he might use ....

    If he doesn`t say, then that`s his problem Wal.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 22, 2006
  9. beenthere wrote:

    > "Walter Mautner" <> wrote:
    >> beenthere wrote:

    >>> Do a System Restore to yesterday (or recently).
    >>>

    >> Now guess, with OE5(.06) which version of windows he might use ....
    >>

    > If he doesn`t say, then that`s his problem Wal.

    That was easy. :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 22, 2006