    Computer: HP Compaq dc7100 CMT
    OS: Windows XP Pro

    -- Christian

    CMM, Feb 14, 2006

  2. CMM

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    CMM wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Created a boot disk in Windows (Format --> Create an MS-DOS startup
    > disk). When I use it to boot the system, I cannot access my HDD
    > (invalid drive specification).
    >
    > The HDD is fine and is not SCSI or USB. Any thoughts on what's going
    > on?
    >
    > Computer: HP Compaq dc7100 CMT
    > OS: Windows XP Pro

    If your system hard drive is formatted NTFS, your DOS bootdisk will be
    unable to read it.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 15, 2006

  3. CMM

    Plato Guest

    CMM wrote:

    > Created a boot disk in Windows (Format --> Create an MS-DOS startup
    > disk). When I use it to boot the system, I cannot access my HDD
    > (invalid drive specification).
    >
    > The HDD is fine and is not SCSI or USB. Any thoughts on what's going
    > on?

    If your drive is in ntfs, then XP has no tool to create a bootdisk that
    can see your drive.

    There is a free bootdisk/driver you can get however, that will see your
    NTFS drive:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/ntfs.htm

    Plato, Feb 15, 2006
  4. CMM

    CMM Guest

    Thanks, guys. I'm sure that is the problem. I'll try the link Plato
    suggested.

    -- Christian

    CMM, Feb 15, 2006