    Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
    grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
    REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

    Daniel Prince, Sep 17, 2007

  2. Daniel Prince

    Mark B. Guest

    "Daniel Prince" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > Does anyone know if the Ultralast charger on Amazon.com charges
    > cells individually or by pairs? This is the url for the charger:
    >
    >>http://www.amazon.com/Hybro-Multi-v...&n=172282&s=electronics&qid=1189994267&sr=8-8

    > http://tinyurl.com/353vf5
    >
    > Does anyone know how good this charger is? Amazon calls this a
    > Hybro charger. Are the cells that come with this charger low self
    > discharge type cells? Thank you in advance for all replies.
    > --

    For $8.50 I seriously doubt you'll get anything as sophisticated as charging
    cells individually, and certainly it won't discharge them, nor will the
    batteries that come with it be the low-discharge type. Those batteries,
    such as the Sanyo Eneloop, are around $11 per set of 4.
    Spend some money on a good charger instead:

    http://www.amazon.com/Lacrosse-Tech...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1190024922&sr=8-2

    Yes, it's expensive, but it can charge from 1 to 4 cells at a time. You can
    choose 1 of 4 charge rates, and it has a cell discharge/charge mode.

    Mark

    Mark B., Sep 17, 2007

  3. Daniel Prince

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Mark B. wrote:
    > "Daniel Prince" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know if the Ultralast charger on Amazon.com charges
    >> cells individually or by pairs? This is the url for the charger:
    >>
    >>> http://www.amazon.com/Hybro-Multi-v...&n=172282&s=electronics&qid=1189994267&sr=8-8

    >> http://tinyurl.com/353vf5
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how good this charger is? Amazon calls this a
    >> Hybro charger. Are the cells that come with this charger low self
    >> discharge type cells? Thank you in advance for all replies.
    >> --

    > For $8.50 I seriously doubt you'll get anything as sophisticated as charging
    > cells individually, and certainly it won't discharge them, nor will the
    > batteries that come with it be the low-discharge type. Those batteries,
    > such as the Sanyo Eneloop, are around $11 per set of 4.
    > Spend some money on a good charger instead:
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/Lacrosse-Tech...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1190024922&sr=8-2
    >
    > Yes, it's expensive, but it can charge from 1 to 4 cells at a time. You can
    > choose 1 of 4 charge rates, and it has a cell discharge/charge mode.
    >
    > Mark

    Actually, for the magnificent sum of $8.47 plus shipping I would have
    expected an individual cell fast charger, but then I'm an oldie used to
    disappointments. Actually there is a picture of the package. It's
    obviously an overnight charger and you can do better at Walmart (no
    shipping charge).
    If you want a decent reasonable cost charger that will do 1-4 cells no
    conditioning (who needs it), try this one
    http://www.greenbatteries.com/nibachwilcdd.html

    The only problem I see is sometimes one cell can take much longer to
    charge than the others and gets quite hot even though the charger has a
    temperature cut-off. But this is obviously that particular cell.
    One last comment, the Amazon cells could be low discharge, I picked up 4
    Kodak low discharge at Walmart for just under $8. I prefer Eneloop, have
    them in my camera but Walmart only had those with a charger. I've no
    idea how the Kodaks or Hybrids compare with Eneloop in practice, I just
    know Eneloop are excellent.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Sep 17, 2007