    as Taiyo Yuden and/or older Mitsui? Or are they just a rip-off,
    especially at such high prices? We would appreciate any helpful
    advice...thank you.
    XYZ, Apr 23, 2007

  2. XYZ

    Brian Guest

    There are standards for the dye used in creating CD-R disks. The gold is in
    fact the highest standard for data life, followed by the blue/green then
    silver so there is some validity to that claim, as far as how long they
    last, cant say because CD's have not been around long enough to determine if
    one type will last longer than another, supposed to be 100 years once
    burned.

    I guess it depends on how important the information is that you burn as to
    the value of the disk you burn it to is for you.
    Brian, May 12, 2007