    Although few of us think of it, ram and hard drives need to keep cool. We look at a couple coolers to address those needs.
    "The Ultra Hard drive cooler is an excellent cooling product, temperatures on my hard drive dropped dramatically once installed. If Ultra fixed the minor cabling mess and designed it to allow for a hard drive to be installed underneath it would be even better."
    http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/cooling/misc/misc/ult30130/
    Silverstrand, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    HDD cooling... i just mount a fan :D... ram its just a Active Cooling (a Fan or two mounted over the ram :D
    unholy, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Do hard drives really need to be cooled. I mean sure they get hot but is it that much of a problem?
    stlava, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    well, most stuff inside your case should be cooled with whatever means it comes with, ie if it's no cooler, then it's fine, if there's a fan, that's the only thing you need. ON rare occassion, when you oc or such, you generate tons of heat and extra cooling is a good idea.
    PUTALE, Jun 30, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    As with all electronic components, the cooler they run, the longer their life span and the more efficent they run. Cooler is always better, but good case air flow if more than enough for most components if you're not into overclocking.
    Bio-Hazard, Jun 30, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I just have this little thingy over my HDD's and it seems to work well, nothing bad yet, but after all i use the HDD's 24/7 :D
    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    don't forget too much fan running in a case would also cause some sort of turbulance which in term may actually worsen the cooling effect. Not to mention noise level.
    PUTALE, Jun 30, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    nah see, i have 2 side mounted fans pulling in (at the bottom of the panel) thats saves the mess up at the HDD
    unholy, Jul 1, 2005