    BTW, if I understand correctly, Lexar's Write Acceleration cards won't do
    anything special in a D70. Is that right?

    - Magnusfarce
    Magnusfarce, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Magnusfarce

    [BnH] Guest

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

    =bob=

    [BnH], Oct 12, 2004

  3. Magnusfarce

    Ken Tough Guest

    Magnusfarce <> wrote:

    >BTW, if I understand correctly, Lexar's Write Acceleration cards won't do
    >anything special in a D70. Is that right?

    No, from what I've read the D70 does make use of the Lexar WA. The
    Lexar and the Ultra II are generally the best for the D70. See the
    excellent: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007
    --
    Ken Tough
    Ken Tough, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Magnusfarce

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:30:30 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Magnusfarce"
    <> wrote:

    >Choosing among 1 gig CF cards for a Nikon D70, is the Lexar 40x faster or
    >slower than the Sandisk Ultra II? Speed aside, are these two considered
    >equivalent in quality?
    >
    >BTW, if I understand correctly, Lexar's Write Acceleration cards won't do
    >anything special in a D70. Is that right?

    It's my understanding the Nikon dSLRs can take advantage of WA.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 and D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Oct 12, 2004
  5. Magnusfarce

    Lourens Smak Guest

    In article <>,
    "Magnusfarce" <> wrote:

    > Choosing among 1 gig CF cards for a Nikon D70, is the Lexar 40x faster or
    > slower than the Sandisk Ultra II? Speed aside, are these two considered
    > equivalent in quality?

    slower, Ultra-II cards are 66x. The Sandisk Extreme-III cards will
    arrive on the market shortly, these are 133x speed... (20MB/sec...)
    Lexar also has 80x cards.

    Lourens
    Lourens Smak, Oct 12, 2004
  6. Magnusfarce

    Anonymous Guest

    I've noticed ZERO difference between by Lexar 80x 1GB card and my Sandisk
    Ultra II 512MB card in terms of write speed in my D100...

    Anonymous, Oct 12, 2004
  7. Magnusfarce

    Lourens Smak Guest

    In article <eXSad.25755$hj.3498@fed1read07>,
    "Anonymous" <> wrote:

    > I've noticed ZERO difference between by Lexar 80x 1GB card and my Sandisk
    > Ultra II 512MB card in terms of write speed in my D100...

    That's because the D100 is way slower than 66x anyway... Only the latest
    digital camera's can actually use card-speeds like that. (D70, D2h, Oly
    E1, latest Canons too I suppose)

    Lourens
    Lourens Smak, Oct 12, 2004
  8. Magnusfarce

    Anonymous Guest

    That's NOT what Nikon tech support told me. They specifically told me that
    the D100 can take advantage of WA technology just like the D2H...

    Anonymous, Oct 13, 2004
  9. Magnusfarce

    Lourens Smak Guest

    In article <Yj0bd.26191$hj.22675@fed1read07>,
    "Anonymous" <> wrote:

    > That's NOT what Nikon tech support told me. They specifically told me that
    > the D100 can take advantage of WA technology just like the D2H...

    They lied. Look at this:
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-6020
    The D100 writes at about 2MB/sec with a 80x card, which isn't even near
    the maximum write speed.

    Lourens.
    Lourens Smak, Oct 14, 2004
  10. Magnusfarce

    Ken Tough Guest

    Lourens Smak <> wrote:

    >> That's NOT what Nikon tech support told me. They specifically told me that
    >> the D100 can take advantage of WA technology just like the D2H...

    >They lied. Look at this:
    >http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-6020
    >The D100 writes at about 2MB/sec with a 80x card, which isn't even near
    >the maximum write speed.

    The D70 does support it though, giving 4-5 MB/s. Perhaps that's
    what confused him.

    --
    Ken Tough
    Ken Tough, Oct 14, 2004