Ultra-fast Internet networks won't merge

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lookout, Nov 7, 2007.

  1. Lookout

    Lookout Guest

    Lookout, Nov 7, 2007

  2. Lookout

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:04:25 -0600, Lookout wrote:

    >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071107...er_internet;_ylt=AoH_h2hsTqVJfPXBYG4s5f2s0NUE
    >
    >Just wondering if anyone knows what size files we're talking here? Are
    >they really sending more data than say...someone downloading movies or
    >MP3s?

    At 10/100Gbps per link does it matter what size the files are :)

    It wasn't too long ago IIRC in Japan they joined together drums of fiber
    and sent lots of DVDs across it. Looking for the article or ar least 1
    similar.

    Old article, not the 1 I was looking for, however
    http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/30/1348242
    transmit a two-hour movie in 0.5 seconds,
    achieve the speed of one terabit per second,

    Me

    why?, Nov 8, 2007