    fast Compact flash memory card please? Am I correct in saying that it
    only comes into play when I transfer photos to/from the camera. Can I
    just use the normal CF which are much cheaper?

    Wizzard, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Wizzard wrote:
    > I have ordered Canon 350D. What are the benefits of using an ultra
    > fast Compact flash memory card please? Am I correct in saying that it
    > only comes into play when I transfer photos to/from the camera. Can I
    > just use the normal CF which are much cheaper?

    It can come into play in the camera, esp. if you shoot RAW, and use
    burst mode.

    So, how and what you shoot will be a factor as to whether it's worth the
    extra bucks to you to buy the fastest.

    There are sites that have info, but I don't have any particular links.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Wizzard

    Bill Guest

    Wizzard wrote:

    >I have ordered Canon 350D. What are the benefits of using an ultra
    >fast Compact flash memory card please? Am I correct in saying that it
    >only comes into play when I transfer photos to/from the camera. Can I
    >just use the normal CF which are much cheaper?

    Everything you wanted to know about memory card speeds:

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

    Bill, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Wizzard

    Guest

    To be more specific - it matters if:

    - you shoot at fast frame rates, specifically if..
    - your memory card is slower than your camera can 'feed' it

    There is no point getting a card faster than the rate at which your
    camera can write data. Er ..unless you later upgrade to a faster
    camera.. (O:

    Wizzard wrote:
    > I have ordered Canon 350D. What are the benefits of using an ultra
    > fast Compact flash memory card please? Am I correct in saying that it
    > only comes into play when I transfer photos to/from the camera. Can I
    > just use the normal CF which are much cheaper?

    , Aug 3, 2006
  5. Wizzard

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:56:50 +0000, Wizzard wrote:

    > I have ordered Canon 350D. What are the benefits of using an ultra
    > fast Compact flash memory card please? Am I correct in saying that it
    > only comes into play when I transfer photos to/from the camera. Can I
    > just use the normal CF which are much cheaper?

    I have the 350D and have no problems using normal CF cards. I use linux on
    my computer and download with the usb cable (although I have a seperate
    card reader that I could use and card reader slots on the comp.) that
    gives a fast enough speed for my uses. I am retired so I can spend time on
    my computer when I want as well as need to.

    --
    Neil
    Delete l to reply

    Neil Ellwood, Aug 3, 2006
  6. <> wrote in message
    > To be more specific - it matters if:
    >
    > - you shoot at fast frame rates, specifically if..
    > - your memory card is slower than your camera can 'feed' it
    >
    > There is no point getting a card faster than the rate at which
    > your camera can write data. Er ..unless you later upgrade to
    > a faster camera.. (O:

    And unless your cardreader is much faster than your card. If you're in
    a hurry, waiting for the files to transfer to your computer can always
    use some speeding-up ...

    --
    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 3, 2006