    Is anyone using this programme and if so what do you think? I especially
    like the smart curves auto tool.

    Ken

    Ken, Oct 10, 2006

  2. Ken

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    I don't like any version of PhotoImpact for image editing. However, I love
    it for special effects like turning a bright sunny pictures in to stormy
    rainy ones. It has some really nice effects type features so I keep it
    installed for things like that.

    Hebee Jeebes, Oct 10, 2006

  3. Ken

    Mike Fields Guest

    I have not used 12, but I do have 10 and it has some
    good features (and some odd ones too that are less
    than intuitive). Several things to keep in mind with
    Ulead - 1) they have recently been sold and 2) their
    idea of "tech support" consists (if you are lucky) of a
    canned email telling you to try re-installing the product,
    try it on a different machine and try re-installing windows ...
    even if in your original email to support (including your
    serial number etc), you told them exactly how to re-create
    the problem, you had tried it on a different machine and
    you had re-installed windows (on a clean machine).
    Only time I managed to get an actual answer (which did
    confirm what I had found was a bug) was when I sent
    their response back to sales (where the $$$ go) and asked
    them why, with this kind of support they expected me to
    spend more money than I already had for a number of
    their products. Actually got a real response. Many others
    have had similar "non responses".

    There are a number of sites out there that do have tutorials
    on earlier versions of Photo Impact and I have found that
    in most cases, they also apply to version 10. Do a google
    search on photoimpact tutorials.

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Oct 12, 2006