    their providors. Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but which
    providor do they generally use?

    Thanks.
    KPE, Jul 28, 2005

  2. On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:51:22 +0200, "KPE" <info@"remove"specdep.dk>
    wrote:

    >Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but which
    >providor do they generally use?

    do you mean which has the most customers ? or who provides the
    infrastructure for the retail VoIP providers ?

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !
    Phil Thompson, Jul 28, 2005

  3. KPE

    KPE Guest

    > do you mean which has the most customers ? or who provides the
    > infrastructure for the retail VoIP providers ?

    I mean who provides the infrastructure :) Thanks Phil.
    KPE, Jul 28, 2005
  4. KPE

    George Guest

    "KPE" <info@"remove"specdep.dk> wrote in message
    > Hi, we are doing a little bit of research on the English voip
    > providers and their providors. Up til now there are many voip
    > providers in UK but which providor do they generally use?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Being Scottish, I do find it slightly offensive seeing 'UK' and
    'English' used interchangably. Really should have been doing research on
    British VOIP providers...... ;-)

    George
    George, Jul 28, 2005
  5. KPE

    KPE Guest

    Dear George,

    I'm truly sorry about that :)

    In other countries many of the voip providors use the infrastruture of the
    same provider. Therefor it could be interresting to know how the situation
    is in England.

    Thanks.

    KPE, Jul 28, 2005
  6. KPE

    davew Guest

    KPE wrote:
    > Hi, we are doing a little bit of research on the English voip providers and
    > their providors. Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but which
    > providor do they generally use?

    Do you mean voip wholesalers?
    davew, Jul 28, 2005
  7. KPE

    KPE Guest

    > Do you mean voip wholesalers?

    No, to become a voip providor, you neet to place servers in a hosting
    center, a large Internet connection, E1 ISDN PRI connections from a PSTN
    switch and DDI numbers from a PSTN providor. This could be BT og Telewest
    for instance...

    In many countries all the voip providers is connected to the same PSTN
    provider.

    Regards
    KPE, Jul 28, 2005
  8. KPE

    Dave Gill Guest

    "KPE" <info@"remove"specdep.dk> wrote:

    > Hi, we are doing a little bit of research on the English voip providers and
    > their providors. Up til now there are many voip providers in UK but which
    > providor do they generally use?

    Many, but by no means all, geographic numbers given out by VoIP service
    providers are allocated to Magrathea Telecommunications Ltd.

    Some, such as Vonage, use their own suppliers.

    Dave Gill, Jul 28, 2005
  9. KPE

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 28 Jul 2005, KPE writes
    >> Do you mean voip wholesalers?

    >No, to become a voip providor, you neet to place servers in a hosting
    >center, a large Internet connection, E1 ISDN PRI connections from a PSTN
    >switch and DDI numbers from a PSTN providor. This could be BT og Telewest
    >for instance...
    >
    >In many countries all the voip providers is connected to the same PSTN
    >provider.

    One of the problems with your question is understanding it. I
    appreciate that your first language may not be English, but you are
    using the words 'provider' and 'providor'. The word 'providor' is not
    used in British English (it may be in US English), hence the questions
    about what you actually mean.

    David
    David Floyd, Jul 28, 2005