uk.telecom.voip not appearing on Google

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Al, May 16, 2005.

  1. Al

    Al Guest

    Al, May 16, 2005

  2. Yup, no sign of it yet...

    Richard Moore, May 16, 2005

  3. On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:52:30 +0100, Al <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know why?

    it has been requested and the request acknowledged.

    They don't archive newsgroups that are not widely distributed,
    apparently, so it may take a while.

    Phil
    Phil Thompson, May 16, 2005
  4. Al

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:52:30 +0100, Al <> wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know why?

    > it has been requested and the request acknowledged.
    >
    > They don't archive newsgroups that are not widely distributed,
    > apparently, so it may take a while.

    How long does it *take* to get "widely" distributed..? The group has been
    in existence 10 days, I would have thought that would have been ample time
    to find its way around the world, or are we still using carrier
    pigeons..?!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 16, 2005
  5. On Mon, 16 May 2005 22:12:16 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:52:30 +0100, Al <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does anyone know why?

    >> it has been requested and the request acknowledged.
    >>
    >> They don't archive newsgroups that are not widely distributed,
    >> apparently, so it may take a while.

    >How long does it *take* to get "widely" distributed..? The group has been
    >in existence 10 days, I would have thought that would have been ample time
    >to find its way around the world, or are we still using carrier
    >pigeons..?!

    Even if we were:
    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2549.html
    Darren J Longhorn, May 16, 2005