    Could you post the ATM config parameters for the router to work properly?

    Thanks,
    Alex.
    AM, Feb 13, 2005

  2. AM

    RobO Guest

    Hi Alex!

    I'm using Pipex and this config works for me...
    Obviously there are more parameters for the interfaces but not relevant
    to your question like ip address assignment on the dialer interface
    interface ATM0
    no ip address
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    atm vc-per-vp 64
    dsl operating-mode auto
    pvc 0/38
    encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
    dialer pool-member 1

    interface Dialer 1
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer pool 1
    dialer-group 1
    ppp authentication chap pap callin
    ppp chap hostname (isp_username)
    ppp chap password (isp_password)
    ppp pap sent-username (isp_username) password

    Rob
    RobO, Feb 13, 2005

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    RobO wrote:
    > Hi Alex!
    >
    > I'm using Pipex and this config works for me...
    > Obviously there are more parameters for the interfaces but not relevant
    > to your question like ip address assignment on the dialer interface
    > interface ATM0
    > no ip address
    > no atm ilmi-keepalive
    > atm vc-per-vp 64
    > dsl operating-mode auto
    > pvc 0/38
    > encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
    > dialer pool-member 1
    >
    > interface Dialer 1
    > encapsulation ppp
    > dialer pool 1
    > dialer-group 1
    > ppp authentication chap pap callin
    > ppp chap hostname (isp_username)
    > ppp chap password (isp_password)
    > ppp pap sent-username (isp_username) password
    >
    > Rob

    Thank you Rob. Can I ask you if you have a static or dynamic IP? I think this NG is not the right place to talk about
    PIPEX. I'm going to configure a router for VPN and I need static IP. As I didn't do the contract to PIPEX but my other
    people did that for me (they're not so practique about networking topics), could I write to you private e-mail to ask
    you something? I asked for static IP but they confirm that sometimes, pointing their browsers to www.whatismyip.org the
    result varies (!) My e-mail address is a x l _ m a c A T l i b e r o D O T i t

    Thanks Alex.
    AM, Feb 14, 2005
  4. AM

    RobO Guest