    too expensive.

    Thanks.

    http://www.theultimatesteal.co.uk/?cid=198
    W, Feb 17, 2008

  2. W

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:02:16 -0000, W wrote:

    >I would like to become a part time student in the London area in order to

    That's a big area, would a part time evening course with 2-3 hours
    travelling be okay or do you have other requirements?

    None of the local / regional UK groups were better than asking in an
    international public ng?

    >qualify for a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for Students. I need a

    That's sad, besides OpenOffice is free already.

    >college that will give me an email address with ac.uk address and would

    That's not all they usually need, minimun hours/week and proof of ID.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=uk it course college london

    >Can anyone suggest a college. I would prefer an evening course that isn't
    >too expensive.

    You are just being too lazy, perhaps an indication of your ability to
    study / find things by yourself.

    Any of the college sites would list the prices and you would know if it
    was too expensive or not.

    Me
    why?, Feb 17, 2008

  3. W

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-02-17, W <> wrote:
    > I would like to become a part time student in the London area in order to
    > qualify for a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for Students. I need a
    > college that will give me an email address with ac.uk address and would
    > prefer an IT related course.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a college. I would prefer an evening course that isn't
    > too expensive.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > http://www.theultimatesteal.co.uk/?cid=198

    <http://www.microsoft.com/uk/education/buy/universityoffertandc/default.mspx>

    Eligibility.

    Entry into this promotion may only be made by students who are enrolled
    at an education institution geographically located in the United
    Kingdom, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, and possess an email
    address with the suffix 'ac.uk', 'ac.im', 'ac.gg' or 'ac.je'. This
    offer is non-transferable. This offer cannot be combined with any other
    Microsoft offers or rebates. Microsoft or an appointed vendor may
    contact you to verify that you are a current student. If documentation
    is not provided indicating that you are a current student, you will be
    liable to reimburse Microsoft for the full retail cost of the software
    (£599.99)

    I don't think you'll get a .ac.uk email account by enrolling for evening
    classes; you'll have to enroll as a full-time student at a recognised
    (by Microsoft) university.

    Corel WordPerfect Office X3 Standard Edition £276.13 incl VAT
    <http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Product/1152105038419>

    StarOffice 8 retail price $99.95 or download $69.95
    <http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/get.jsp>

    IBM Lotus Symphony free download
    <http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.jspa>

    OpenOffice free download <http://www.openoffice.org/>

    .... and many other office suites. Just do some research :))

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 17, 2008