    Does anyone know if the current position with the Woolworths receivership is
    published anywhere online?
    Thanks
    T, Jan 3, 2009

  2. T clucked:

    > Does anyone know if the current position with the Woolworths
    > receivership is published anywhere online?
    > Thanks

    Who wants to know?
    Odie Buckland, Jan 3, 2009

  3. T

    Guest

    "T" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the current position with the Woolworths receivership is
    >published anywhere online?
    >Thanks

    Google, Woolworths receivership uk - gets the first hit with:

    www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/48691-woolworths-uk-into-receivership.html
    or http://tinyurl.com/8dn2ld

    Too bad I used to get Malted milk balls (Maltese (sp) to you) there
    when I was very young.

    Fact is I used to buy my lab equipment there, Potassium Nitrate in the
    from the pharmacy.... these days I'd of been labeled a terrorist.

    Hate to see it go, and hope the above answered your question (if not
    it's a start).
    --

    Blue Ball Machine (Classic GIF Returned)
    http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/
  4. T

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > "T" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know if the current position with the Woolworths
    >>receivership is published anywhere online?
    >>Thanks
    >>

    > Google, Woolworths receivership uk - gets the first hit with:
    >
    > www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/48691-woolworths-uk-into-receiver
    > ship.html
    > or http://tinyurl.com/8dn2ld
    >
    > Too bad I used to get Malted milk balls (Maltese (sp) to you) there
    > when I was very young.
    >
    > Fact is I used to buy my lab equipment there, Potassium Nitrate in the
    > from the pharmacy.... these days I'd of been labeled a terrorist.

    Yes, I remember when I saw my first saltpeter fire. It had a *very*
    different use than for just gunpowder back then. Only ever knew one person
    who used it for that.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 4, 2009
  5. T

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:44:53 -0800, Pennywise wrote:

    > Too bad I used to get Malted milk balls (Maltese (sp) to you) there when
    > I was very young.

    Maltesers. Yum yum. Is there no equivalent on your side of the pond?

    > Fact is I used to buy my lab equipment there, Potassium Nitrate in the
    > from the pharmacy.... these days I'd of been labeled a terrorist.

    Can't ever remember seeing a full-blown pharmacy in Woolie's, although
    when I was a kid I bought various chemicals from Boot's the Chemist.

    > Hate to see it go,

    A hundred years of High Street trading here in the UK gone in almost the
    blink of an eye.

    --
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU
    Aardvark, Jan 4, 2009
  6. T

    D@Z Guest

    > A hundred years of High Street trading here in the UK gone in almost the
    > blink of an eye.

    if its not making a profit then no use it being there. lets hope they build
    a load of new tesco's on the old sites
    D@Z, Jan 4, 2009
  7. T

    T Guest

    "D@Z" <> wrote in message

    >> A hundred years of High Street trading here in the UK gone in almost the
    >> blink of an eye.

    > if its not making a profit then no use it being there. lets hope they
    > build a load of new tesco's on the old sites

    Wikinsons is very much like Woolworths used to be and always very busy. I
    wouldn't have taken much more than a trip to Wilkinsons to have seen how to
    put it right.
    T, Jan 4, 2009
  8. T

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 15:51:57 +0000, D@Z wrote:

    >> A hundred years of High Street trading here in the UK gone in almost
    >> the blink of an eye.

    > if its not making a profit then no use it being there. lets hope they
    > build a load of new tesco's on the old sites

    It seems that Iceland (frozen food stores) might be taking over a fair
    number of their premises.

    --
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU
    Aardvark, Jan 4, 2009
  9. T

    OldMan Guest

    OldMan, Jan 4, 2009
  10. T

    Me Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:44:53 -0800, Pennywise wrote:
    >
    >> Too bad I used to get Malted milk balls (Maltese (sp) to you) there when
    >> I was very young.
    >>

    > Maltesers. Yum yum. Is there no equivalent on your side of the pond?

    The closest US equivalent of Maltesers are called Whoppers,although
    Maltesers are better !!!
    Me, Jan 5, 2009
  11. T

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 00:32:12 -0800, Me wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:44:53 -0800, Pennywise wrote:
    >>
    >>> Too bad I used to get Malted milk balls (Maltese (sp) to you) there
    >>> when I was very young.
    >>>

    >> Maltesers. Yum yum. Is there no equivalent on your side of the pond?
    >>

    > The closest US equivalent of Maltesers are called Whoppers,although
    > Maltesers are better !!!

    Forgot to post the following two links for you:

    <http://www.maltesers.com/>

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltesers>

    --
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU