    Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?
    William Brown, Jan 3, 2011

  2. William Brown

    PeeCee Guest

    On 4/01/2011 11:46 a.m., William Brown wrote:

    > I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    > she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    > Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    > 13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    > World clock shows 13 Hours.
    >

    > The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    > Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    > that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    > me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    Woger

    According to this website http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ NZ is
    currently 13Hrs ahead of UK time.

    The number of hours difference is affected by daylight savings so at
    some times of the year it is 12 hours, others 13 hours etc.

    Personally I find daylight saving a pain in the ass & wish the dam
    concept would just go away.

    best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Jan 3, 2011

  3. William Brown

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:46:58 +1300, William Brown <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    >she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    >Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    >13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    >World clock shows 13 Hours.
    >

    >The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    >Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    >that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    >me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    You could have Googled this question.

    new zealand uk time difference:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=...-GB___NZ387&ie=UTF-8&aq=0&oq=New Zealand UK t

    Alternatively, you could download and install a simple, reliable
    freeware programmed called World Time. Personally, I would recommend
    v5.5.2.748.

    http://www.pawprint.net/wt/
    Donchano, Jan 3, 2011
  4. William Brown

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:46:58 +1300, in message <>
    William Brown wrote:

    > I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    > she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    > Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    > 13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    > World clock shows 13 Hours.

    Your cell phone needs adjusting for daylight saving time.

    > The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    > Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM,

    Your arrangement assumed it is an 11 hour difference.
    Between 10:30 PM Fri and 9:30 AM Sat is an 11 hour difference.

    > it seems
    > that it did not turn out that way,

    The real time difference (at this time of the year) is 13 hours, not 11 hours.

    > as when I had rung here direct she as
    > me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    The difference depends on the time of year.
    At this time of the year the difference is 13 hours.

    Maybe you rang her direct a few months ago when the difference was 12 hours.
    Or maybe one of you forgot to set the clock forward/back when daylight
    saving time started/ended.

    --
    Regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Jan 3, 2011
  5. William Brown

    bugalugs Guest

    On 4/01/2011 11:46 a.m., William Brown wrote:

    > I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    > she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    > Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    > 13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    > World clock shows 13 Hours.
    >

    > The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    > Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    > that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    > me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    Check it out on page 498 in the Teletext on your TV. It shows local
    time, GMT, and the corresponding time in most other countries.
    bugalugs, Jan 3, 2011
  6. William Brown

    Spam Begone Guest

    Go to http://www.timeanddate.com/ and set up a Personal World Clock
    Spam Begone, Jan 4, 2011
  7. Re: UK vs NZ Time Zone

    In message <iftl6v$pe1$>, PeeCee wrote:

    > Personally I find daylight saving a pain in the ass & wish the dam
    > concept would just go away.

    You’ve got a computer in front of you, let it keep track for you:

    ldo@theon:~> TZ=BST date; date
    Tue Jan 4 01:36:50 BST 2011
    Tue Jan 4 14:36:50 NZDT 2011
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 4, 2011
  8. William Brown

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:46:58 +1300, William Brown wrote:

    > I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    > she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    > Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    > 13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    > World clock shows 13 Hours.
    >

    > The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    > Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    > that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    > me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    Indeed we are officially GMT+13 9NZDT.

    However, in actual physical reality we are GMT+11.5 (NZST as adopted in
    1868) - and that is what we used to be until NZMT was permanently changed
    in 1946.

    Daylight Savings time today is in actual fact 1.5 hours ahead of what
    "standard" (NZMT) time used to be prior to 1927.

    Sweetpea, Jan 4, 2011
  9. William Brown

    Enkidu Guest

    Re: UK vs NZ Time Zone

    > In message<iftl6v$pe1$>, PeeCee wrote:
    >
    >> Personally I find daylight saving a pain in the ass& wish the dam
    >> concept would just go away.

    > You’ve got a computer in front of you, let it keep track for you:
    >
    > ldo@theon:~> TZ=BST date; date Tue Jan 4 01:36:50 BST 2011 Tue Jan
    > 4 14:36:50 NZDT 2011

    Heheheh! No everyone knows all the Time Zone codes.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles
    Enkidu, Jan 4, 2011
  10. On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:05:15 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
    dot nz> wrote:

    >William Brown <> wrote:
    >>I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    >>she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    >>Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    >>13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    >>World clock shows 13 Hours.
    >>

    >>The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    >>Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    >>that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    >>me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    >William
    >At this time of year the UK is 13 hours behind us so if it is 11 am here on
    >Tuesday it is 10pm there on Monday.
    >Regards
    >Tony

    That is not what my Sister told me..
    William Brown, Jan 4, 2011
  11. On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:15:09 +1300, Donchano
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:46:58 +1300, William Brown <>
    >shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >

    >>I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    >>she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    >>Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    >>13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    >>World clock shows 13 Hours.
    >>

    >>The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    >>Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    >>that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    >>me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    >You could have Googled this question.
    >
    >new zealand uk time difference:
    >
    >http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=...-GB___NZ387&ie=UTF-8&aq=0&oq=New Zealand UK t
    >
    >Alternatively, you could download and install a simple, reliable
    >freeware programmed called World Time. Personally, I would recommend
    >v5.5.2.748.
    >
    >http://www.pawprint.net/wt/

    I have that installed it was my Sister that stated that it was 12 hours
    as I did not get her Skype call as planed..
    William Brown, Jan 4, 2011
  12. On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:30:08 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:46:58 +1300, in message <>
    >William Brown wrote:
    >
    >> I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    >> she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    >> Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    >> 13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    >> World clock shows 13 Hours.

    >Your cell phone needs adjusting for daylight saving time.
    >

    >> The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    >> Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM,

    >Your arrangement assumed it is an 11 hour difference.
    >Between 10:30 PM Fri and 9:30 AM Sat is an 11 hour difference.

    This is what my Sister Planed and when I did not get the call as planed
    I rang her, and her comments that it was a 12H times difference as she
    asked me what was the time here.

    I have a Freeview Decoder with a Automatic clock, you don't have the
    option to set for a 13 Hour difference, so to fix it I had to take
    Daylight Saving to OFF.

    William Brown, Jan 4, 2011
  13. Re: UK vs NZ Time Zone

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 14:37:32 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In message <iftl6v$pe1$>, PeeCee wrote:
    >
    >> Personally I find daylight saving a pain in the ass & wish the dam
    >> concept would just go away.

    >You’ve got a computer in front of you, let it keep track for you:
    >
    >ldo@theon:~> TZ=BST date; date
    >Tue Jan 4 01:36:50 BST 2011
    >Tue Jan 4 14:36:50 NZDT 2011

    Its my Sister that did it all Wrong not me..

    I have a World clock..
    William Brown, Jan 4, 2011
  14. On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:15:09 +1300, Donchano
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:46:58 +1300, William Brown <>
    >shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >

    >>I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    >>she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    >>Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    >>13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    >>World clock shows 13 Hours.
    >>

    >>The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    >>Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    >>that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    >>me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    >You could have Googled this question.
    >
    >new zealand uk time difference:
    >
    >http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=...-GB___NZ387&ie=UTF-8&aq=0&oq=New Zealand UK t
    >
    >Alternatively, you could download and install a simple, reliable
    >freeware programmed called World Time. Personally, I would recommend
    >v5.5.2.748.
    >
    >http://www.pawprint.net/wt/

    Thanks.

    I will send that link to my Sister
    William Brown, Jan 4, 2011
  15. On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:30:08 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:46:58 +1300, in message <>
    >William Brown wrote:
    >
    >> I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    >> she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    >> Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    >> 13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    >> World clock shows 13 Hours.

    >Your cell phone needs adjusting for daylight saving time.

    May be as it came from Scotland..-:)

    I will send the link to her regarding the World Clock.
    William Brown, Jan 4, 2011
  16. On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 03:35:03 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:46:58 +1300, William Brown wrote:
    >
    >> I Scyped my sister on News Years Day and there was a Confusion on when
    >> she was going to call me, I rang her direct as it seems that its a 12
    >> Hour Delay, not 13 as she thought, but another friend stated that it was
    >> 13 Hours Difference, My Cell Phone world clock shows 12 Hours, the Sharp
    >> World clock shows 13 Hours.
    >>

    >> The Times my Sister had Arranged was she would call at 10:30 PM on
    >> Friday and I would get the call in News Years Day at 9:30 AM, it seems
    >> that it did not turn out that way, as when I had rung here direct she as
    >> me what the time was here, and it seems that it was a 12H difference..?

    >Indeed we are officially GMT+13 9NZDT.
    >
    >However, in actual physical reality we are GMT+11.5 (NZST as adopted in
    >1868) - and that is what we used to be until NZMT was permanently changed
    >in 1946.
    >
    >Daylight Savings time today is in actual fact 1.5 hours ahead of what
    >"standard" (NZMT) time used to be prior to 1927.

    Wrong, we are UTC+13. GMT is has not been a recognised time standard
    for many years now.
    Stephen Worthington, Jan 4, 2011
  17. William Brown

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 02:52:47 +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:

    > Wrong, we are UTC+13.

    UTC and GMT and in reality the same.

    Sweetpea, Jan 4, 2011
  18. On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:21:37 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 02:52:47 +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
    >
    >> Wrong, we are UTC+13.

    >UTC and GMT and in reality the same.

    My Late Model Samsung cell phone has no option to set for UTC+13 or has
    my Freeview DVT-T receiver.
    William Brown, Jan 5, 2011
  19. William Brown

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 13:47:49 +1300, in message <>
    William Brown wrote:

    > My Late Model Samsung cell phone has no option to set for UTC+13 or has
    > my Freeview DVT-T receiver.

    With my cell phone, I first set it for GMT+12
    and then I turn on "(•) daylight savings"
    which adds another hour.

    Perhaps your Samsung can do that.

    --
    Regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Jan 5, 2011
  20. On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:57:57 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 13:47:49 +1300, in message <>
    >William Brown wrote:
    >
    >> My Late Model Samsung cell phone has no option to set for UTC+13 or has
    >> my Freeview DVT-T receiver.

    >With my cell phone, I first set it for GMT+12
    >and then I turn on "(•) daylight savings"
    >which adds another hour.
    >
    >Perhaps your Samsung can do that.

    Yes it does list that feature but for some reason it automatically Has
    the time set for NZ with no option to add a *, I can add another Clock
    for NZ and add the * but that just's adds a hour to the current time.

    For Wellington its shows a House Icon meaning Home..?

    It has 3 Options for Wellington, Automatic/Manual or Prompt, the Time
    zone setting can only be changed when on Manual but no way to change it
    to +13 Hours.

    This is the Samsung S5560 aka Marvel.

    The Automatic clock option is not correct as you have to go to manual to
    set the correct time.

    A Air Force chap brought it back from Scotland, not a locked phone.
    William Brown, Jan 5, 2011