    That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    another operator ?
    TIA

    Joao Saraiva, Sep 18, 2007

  2. Joao Saraiva

    Tim Guest

    Joao Saraiva wrote:
    > Hi All
    > Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
    > That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    > another operator ?

    *dons flame suit*

    sipgate - works nicely, but don't expect to be able to phone them for
    technical support.

    Or you can get a month free with Gradwell, then 3ish pounds a month
    thereafter.

    Or voip.co.uk is 20 pounds a year for loads of inclusive calls with a
    phone number included.

    Depends what you want.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Joao Saraiva

    TheDragon Guest

    "Joao Saraiva" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    > Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
    > That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    > another operator ?
    > TIA

    www.Draytel.org

    offer incoming numbers. very good tech support

    TheDragon, Sep 18, 2007
  4. Joao Saraiva

    -Darren- Guest

    "TheDragon" <> wrote in message

    > "Joao Saraiva" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All
    >> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
    >> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    >> another operator ?
    >> TIA
    >>

    > www.Draytel.org
    >
    > offer incoming numbers. very good tech support

    i signed up with draytel last weeks - tech support is awful

    got my device setup fine as per their recommendations, so i purchased £10
    call credit

    however when i dial, a voice tells me that i have no credit when i try and
    make calls - they insist this is my device, but i am not convinced.

    -Darren-, Sep 18, 2007
  5. Joao Saraiva

    Henry Hooray Guest

    > Hi All
    > Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
    > That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    > another operator ?
    > TIA

    Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a
    couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

    Henry Hooray, Sep 19, 2007
  6. Joao Saraiva

    TheDragon Guest

    "Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message
    > "Joao Saraiva" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All
    >> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
    >> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    >> another operator ?
    >> TIA

    > Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a
    > couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

    Why do yuo say while it lasts??

    I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of loosing
    the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that matter.

    TheDragon, Sep 19, 2007
  7. Joao Saraiva

    Guest

    On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:32:14 +0300, "TheDragon"
    <> wrote:

    >"Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message
    >> "Joao Saraiva" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All
    >>> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
    >>> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    >>> another operator ?
    >>> TIA

    >> Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a
    >> couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

    >Why do yuo say while it lasts??
    >
    >I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of loosing
    >the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that matter.

    I think he is confused at the start when I signed up there was mention
    that at some point they may charging for the geographical number .

    , Sep 19, 2007
  8. Joao Saraiva

    Henry Hooray Guest

    "TheDragon" <> wrote in message

    > "Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message
    >> "Joao Saraiva" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All
    >>> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
    >>> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    >>> another operator ?
    >>> TIA

    >> Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a
    >> couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

    > Why do yuo say while it lasts??
    >
    > I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of
    > loosing the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that
    > matter.

    Simply because I wonder how long something for nothing will last. That's
    all - and may I add that I'm perfectly happy with the service that I receive
    free from Sipgate!

    Henry Hooray, Sep 19, 2007
  9. Joao Saraiva

    alexd Guest

    Henry Hooray wrote:

    > "TheDragon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message

    >>> Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay
    >>> a couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

    >> Why do yuo say while it lasts??
    >>
    >> I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of
    >> loosing the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that
    >> matter.

    > Simply because I wonder how long something for nothing will last. That's
    > all - and may I add that I'm perfectly happy with the service that I
    > receive free from Sipgate!

    Is it really something for nothing? Don't Sipgate get a termination fee from
    other carriers for terminating calls on their network?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    16:03:18 up 63 days, 21:50, 2 users, load average: 0.21, 0.41, 0.66

    alexd, Sep 19, 2007
  10. Joao Saraiva

    TheDragon Guest

    > Simply because I wonder how long something for nothing will last. That's
    > all - and may I add that I'm perfectly happy with the service that I
    > receive free from Sipgate!

    Dont say that too loudly. Or it might break, so far the service is perfect.

    TheDragon, Sep 19, 2007
  11. Joao Saraiva

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    : : On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:32:14 +0300, "TheDragon"
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : : :
    : : : "Henry Hooray" <>
    : : : wrote in message
    : : : news:...
    : : : : "Joao Saraiva" <> wrote
    : : : : in message
    : : : : news:...
    : : : : : Hi All
    : : : : : Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE
    : : : : : signing with voipstunt. That offer seems not to
    : : : : : be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    : : : : : another operator ?
    : : : : : TIA
    : : : :
    : : : : Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with
    : : : : Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a couple of quid a month
    : : : : for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.
    : : :
    : : : Why do yuo say while it lasts??
    : : :
    : : : I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never
    : : : been a mention of loosing the free incoming Uk
    : : : numbers, or any other country for that matter.
    : :
    : : I think he is confused at the start when I signed up
    : : there was mention that at some point they may charging
    : : for the geographical number .

    They have to say that to cover themselves. At some point in the future
    they *may* have to charge, but they have also said they have no intention
    of so doing at the moment. Circumstances may change, so they have to give
    themselves the option.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 19, 2007
  12. Joao Saraiva

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    : : Henry Hooray wrote:
    : :
    : : : "TheDragon" <> wrote in
    : : : message news:...
    : : : :
    : : : : "Henry Hooray"
    : : : : <> wrote in
    : : : : message news:...
    : :
[...]

    I expect they do, plus with the income they get for chargeable outgoing
    calls they are perfectly able to provide numbers for free at the moment.

    They *may* have to charge in the future, and they have said so, but they
    also say they have no intention of doing so at the moment, but they have

    Ivor Jones, Sep 19, 2007
  13. Joao Saraiva

    Henry Hooray Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > Henry Hooray wrote:
    >
    >> "TheDragon" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Henry Hooray" <> wrote in message

    >>> Why do yuo say while it lasts??
    >>>
    >>> I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of
    >>> loosing the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that
    >>> matter.

    >> Simply because I wonder how long something for nothing will last. That's
    >> all - and may I add that I'm perfectly happy with the service that I
    >> receive free from Sipgate!

    > Is it really something for nothing? Don't Sipgate get a termination fee
    > from
    > other carriers for terminating calls on their network?

    To be honest, I haven't got any idea about this!

    Henry Hooray, Sep 20, 2007
  14. Joao Saraiva

    Paul Cupis Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Don't Sipgate get a termination fee from
    > other carriers for terminating calls on their network?

    I would have thought this this is unlikely.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 21, 2007
  15. Joao Saraiva

    alexd Guest

    Paul Cupis wrote:

    > alexd wrote:
    >> Don't Sipgate get a termination fee from
    >> other carriers for terminating calls on their network?

    > I would have thought this this is unlikely.

    So who, in general, does? Wholesale numbering providers like Magrathea?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    08:51:04 up 65 days, 14:37, 2 users, load average: 0.38, 0.22, 0.23

    alexd, Sep 21, 2007
  16. Joao Saraiva

    Paul Cupis Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Paul Cupis wrote:
    >
    >> alexd wrote:
    >>> Don't Sipgate get a termination fee from
    >>> other carriers for terminating calls on their network?

    >> I would have thought this this is unlikely.

    > So who, in general, does? Wholesale numbering providers like Magrathea?

    Network operators such as Magrathea will see a small amount of income
    for terminating the call - not much though and not enough to be thinking
    about offering revenue to the customer using the number. In most cases
    the customer will actually be paying for the geographic number as well,
    to cover the cost of providing whatever service they have.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 22, 2007
  17. Joao Saraiva

    Paulg0 Guest

    On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:51:36 +0100, "Joao Saraiva"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi All
    >Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
    >That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
    >another operator ?
    >TIA

    Maybe a bit late with my option but no one else has mentioned
    www.orbtalk.co.uk for free incoming UK numbers

    Paul

    Paulg0, Oct 2, 2007