    Does anyone know of a company, within the UK, that can offer the course via
    either post or e-learning, and that has examination centres around North or
    NE England?
    HomerSimpson, Sep 3, 2005

  2. HomerSimpson

    M Guest

    This course costs 995.00 pounds! I have passed 70-271 just using the Walter
    Glenn book from Microsoft Press and Exam Cram 2 book from QUE. I can't
    image what this course can do that you can't do with the self study guides,
    unless you have a very deep wallet I would advise you to steer clear!

    M, Sep 3, 2005

  3. Hey.....I just supplied the address!

    You find a employer to foot the bill ;-)

    AmyAmandaAllen, Sep 4, 2005
  4. HomerSimpson

    Dave Guest

    "HomerSimpson" <> wrote in message
    > I've been looking for somewhere that does the MCDST course whether it be
    > classroom or web based but unfortunately ive had no success as yet.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a company, within the UK, that can offer the course
    > via
    > either post or e-learning, and that has examination centres around North
    > or
    > NE England?

    You can take the exam at any VUE or Thompson Prometric testing centre. Some
    testing centres would like you to have been a student there and so, when
    searching for available test times, you might not see as many available
    times being advertised to the public. Prometric don't charge VAT on the
    tests so you can save a few quid there. You will be able to find a testing
    centre in most NE cities.

    The testing centres can be found on:
    http://www.vue.com/
    http://securereg3.prometric.com/

    As for suppliers, don't forget your local FE college.

    Dave.
    Dave, Sep 5, 2005
  5. hi dave,

    cant find anywhere that they dont charge VAT on their site - any link please?

    cheers

    AmyAmandaAllen, Sep 5, 2005
  6. HomerSimpson

    Dave Guest

    > hi dave,
    >
    > cant find anywhere that they dont charge VAT on their site - any link
    > please?

    No, sorry no links. It's just a known benefit. Feel free to check this by
    phoning them on 0800 592 873 as per
    http://www.prometric.com/ContactUs/TestTakers/EMEA-IT-RegInfo.htm
    From memory they charge approx £88 whereas VUE charge approx
    £88+vat=£103.40. As long as there's a Prometric testing centre near ya,
    your quids in. It doesn't matter which testing providor you use, the exam is
    the same, just make sure you enter your MCP id on the appropriate secttion
    of the respective site (vue/prometric). As long as both have your MCP ID,
    they will tell Microsoft what exams you have passed. If it turns out that
    there's not a Prometric testing centre near you but a VUE is, well sorry,
    sh!* happens. If you happen to find yourself in the US, then avail of the
    cheaper tests over there (especially when used in conjunction with
    www.certify4less.com and similar - sadly few of there offers extend to this
    side of the pond).

    Dave.
    Dave, Sep 5, 2005
  7. HomerSimpson

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > "HomerSimpson" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been looking for somewhere that does the MCDST course whether it be
    >> classroom or web based but unfortunately ive had no success as yet.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a company, within the UK, that can offer the course
    >> via
    >> either post or e-learning, and that has examination centres around North
    >> or
    >> NE England?

    > You can take the exam at any VUE or Thompson Prometric testing centre.
    > Some testing centres would like you to have been a student there and so,
    > when searching for available test times, you might not see as many
    > available times being advertised to the public. Prometric don't charge
    > VAT on the tests so you can save a few quid there. You will be able to
    > find a testing centre in most NE cities.
    >
    > The testing centres can be found on:
    > http://www.vue.com/
    > http://securereg3.prometric.com/
    >
    > As for suppliers, don't forget your local FE college.

    Further to that, http://www.getcertify4less.com/microsoftint.asp are selling
    vouchers for approx £86.97 (depending on the phase of the moon on the day of
    purchase).
    Dave, Sep 9, 2005