    Are they any good?

    Thinking of changing my ISP and this one has been recommended.

    Marjorie
    Mrs Miggins, Jun 17, 2007

  2. Mrs Miggins

    Flyer Guest

    "Mrs Miggins" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone in the UK use Zen broadband for torrent up and downloads?
    >
    > Are they any good?
    >
    > Thinking of changing my ISP and this one has been recommended.
    >
    > Marjorie

    try the uk.telecom.broadband newsgroup, you'll get a more informed response
    there.

    P.
    Flyer, Jun 17, 2007

  3. Mrs Miggins

    Old Codger Guest

    Mrs Miggins wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone in the UK use Zen broadband for torrent up and downloads?
    >
    > Are they any good?
    >
    > Thinking of changing my ISP and this one has been recommended.

    There is no reason to suspect that they will not be good. Zen do not
    traffic shape, nor do they block any ports. I have one of the old 1M
    accounts and have, on occasions, downloaded continuously for over 24
    hours. The overall download time corresponded to around 1 Mb continuous
    and each time I checked the download speed was between 993 Kb and 1 Mb.

    Go for it, but ensure you choose an appropriate account, Zen do apply
    caps at 2 GB, 20 GB or 50 GB depending on the account. Extra bandwidth
    can be purchased, but it has to be in advance. I don't think uploads
    count towards the cap. There is an uncapped business account but that
    would cost you £79 + VAT

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Jun 17, 2007
  4. Mrs Miggins

    Mrs Miggins Guest

    "Flyer" <> wrote in message

    > "Mrs Miggins" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Does anyone in the UK use Zen broadband for torrent up and downloads?
    > >
    > > Are they any good?
    > >
    > > Thinking of changing my ISP and this one has been recommended.
    > >
    > > Marjorie

    > try the uk.telecom.broadband newsgroup, you'll get a more informed

    response
    > there.
    >
    > P.

    Ta