UK Freview V NZ

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Mar 24, 2010.

  1. Frank Williams, Mar 24, 2010

  2. Frank Williams

    Your Name Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >

    > >Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
    > >
    > >http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
    > >AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
    > >
    > >Freeview is a total joke here.

    I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
    with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have channels
    in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).

    > Freeview NZ is just a replication of what the analog feed is and
    > that's not very much..

    Nope. There are extra channels which you can't get without either a Freeview
    or SkyTV box ... although granted, most of the shows are rubbish and
    repeats. There are also more channels planned (whether they actually turn up
    is anyone's guess though).
    Your Name, Mar 24, 2010

  3. Frank Williams

    J.Wilson Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message
    > Frank Williams wrote:
    >> Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
    >>

    >> http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
    >> AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
    >>
    >> Freeview is a total joke here.

    > More than sufficient channels to carry the scant program material that I would consider
    > worthwhile.
    >
    > geoff

    such an incredible waste of an opportunity to educate, home school,
    course lecture etc.
    J.Wilson, Mar 24, 2010
  4. Frank Williams

    me Guest

    Re: UK Freview V NZ

    On Mar 24, 11:09 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
    >
    > http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/201010:00:00
    > AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
    >
    > Freeview is a total joke here.

    Do you have a mental disorder that stops you being able to count
    properly? UK Freeview has 50 TV channels, and 24 radio channels. NZ
    Freeview has 13 tv channels.
    me, Mar 24, 2010
  5. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-03-24, geoff <> wrote:
    > Frank Williams wrote:
    >> Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
    >>

    >> http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
    >> AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
    >>
    >> Freeview is a total joke here.

    > More than sufficient channels to carry the scant program material that I
    > would consider worthwhile.

    Yes, but the lowest common denonimator rules 80% of them okay?

    FWIW I have been enjoying TV6 of late. No ads. It is amazing the difference
    this makes.

    Strange but Iwould be ready to donate some money to TV6. Freedom from serial
    ads is worth money to me.

    Now some one will say record the shows and flick past the ads. Yes...
    Gordon, Mar 25, 2010
  6. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-03-24, Your Name <> wrote:

    > "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    >> Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
    >> >
    >> >http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
    >> >AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
    >> >
    >> >Freeview is a total joke here.

    > I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
    > with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have channels
    > in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).

    Whoa! Kiwis are diverse. What you mean is that because of the higher
    population there are more people in in one "group".

    The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.
    Gordon, Mar 25, 2010
  7. Frank Williams

    Your Name Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-03-24, Your Name <> wrote:
    > >
    > > "Mutlley" <> wrote in message

    > > I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
    > > with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have

    channels
    > > in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).

    > Whoa! Kiwis are diverse.

    I think you mispelled "perverse".

    Your Name, Mar 25, 2010
  8. On 25 Mar 2010 04:57:58 GMT, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On 2010-03-24, Your Name <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Mutlley" <> wrote in message

    >> I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
    >> with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have channels
    >> in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).
    >>

    >Whoa! Kiwis are diverse. What you mean is that because of the higher
    >population there are more people in in one "group".
    >
    >The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.

    And what is NZ made off..?
    Frank Williams, Mar 25, 2010
  9. Frank Williams

    victor Guest

    On 25/03/10 21:29, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On 25 Mar 2010 04:57:58 GMT, Gordon<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2010-03-24, Your Name<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Mutlley"<> wrote in message

    >>> I'm not sure how long the UK has had their Freeview, but it is a country
    >>> with a MUCH larger and more diverse population (e.g. you can have channels
    >>> in Welsh, Scottish, Irish, etc.).
    >>>

    >> Whoa! Kiwis are diverse. What you mean is that because of the higher
    >> population there are more people in in one "group".
    >>
    >> The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.
    >>

    > And what is NZ made off..?

    Fish, according to the natives who were here at the time.
    victor, Mar 25, 2010
  10. Frank Williams

    Your Name Guest

    In article <hogsg7$nln$-september.org>, victor
    <> wrote:

    > On 25/03/10 21:29, Frank Williams wrote:

    > >> Whoa! Kiwis are diverse. What you mean is that because of the higher
    > >> population there are more people in in one "group".
    > >>
    > >> The UK is made up of Welsh, Irish, Scotts and Pomes.
    > >>

    > > And what is NZ made off..?

    > Fish, according to the natives who were here at the time.

    That would definitely explain why it's "off" by now. ;-)
    Your Name, Mar 26, 2010
  11. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    Frank Williams wrote:

    > Just have look at this 100's of Channels and what only 8 here
    >

    > http://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=3/24/2010 10:00:00
    > AM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=
    >
    > Freeview is a total joke here.

    And if you look at a recording off it, then you will see that the
    pixelated shit we get on freeview sat here is better than a lot of what
    they get.

    Also there are a lot of +1 and +2 channels there.
    Richard, Mar 26, 2010