UK :: Distance Learning the A plus course - price

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by xbs, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. xbs

    xbs Guest

    Hey :D

    Took the decision to sign up for an A plus course from ICS Learn the other
    day, paid out £500 quid for the course :-/

    Now that the material arrived, all I seem to have is a CD Rom with some
    lessons on in audio/image format.

    The software does cover all the A+ topics and has a pre and post test system
    that lets you test you knowledge.

    I'm not sure what I was expecting, but somehow feel a little let down by
    this humble CD. Looking around on eBay and also at some books that are out
    there - 500 quid suddenly seems a lot of cash. To be fair, you do get tutor
    support although I don't know how they would be of use in this type of
    course.

    I'm no saying that that price is specifically high as other providers charge
    around that price, but it just doesn't seem much for your dosh ...

    .... has anyone else had experience of this type of learning system or feels
    that the cost is high??

    Thanks

    Simon
    xbs, Oct 18, 2005

  2. xbs

    Jason Peavey Guest

    700 quid is way too much. I live in the US, but I know that british pounds
    are worth a lot more than US dollars. And all you need to know is in Mike
    Meyers' A+ All in One book, which is maybe 60 US dollars. And then when you
    feel confident enough download some sample tests.

    I don't know what you got for your money, but at least in my experience....
    you've been swindled, my friend from across the pond. :\

    Jason Peavey, Oct 25, 2005

  3. xbs

    xbs Guest

    "Jason Peavey" <> wrote in message
    > 700 quid is way too much. I live in the US, but I know that british pounds
    > are worth a lot more than US dollars. And all you need to know is in Mike
    > Meyers' A+ All in One book, which is maybe 60 US dollars. And then when
    > you
    > feel confident enough download some sample tests.
    >
    > I don't know what you got for your money, but at least in my
    > experience....
    > you've been swindled, my friend from across the pond. :\

    since got a refiund :)

    Nice

    simon
    xbs, Nov 8, 2005