UK Children to be allowed to carry daggers to school

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by my, Feb 8, 2010.

  1. my

    my Guest

    "Bod" <> wrote in message
    On 08/02/2010 11:39, Djornsk wrote:
    > Svenne wrote:
    >> Britain's first Asian judge Sir Mota Singh says that Sikhs should be
    >> allowed to carry daggers, known as Kirpans, to school.
    >>
    >> This will make a mockery of the law banning knives in public places,
    >> but as long as it is done in the name of some ethnic minority
    >> religion, it will probably be allowed.
    >>
    >> As for what might happen when we have dagger carrying schoolkids, just
    >> look at what happens in India:
    >>
    >> "Robbers hold Delhi family hostage, loot cash....the assailants used a
    >> Kirpan to threaten the family."
    >>
    >> www.livepunjab.com/articles/robbers-hold-delhi-family-hostage-loot-cash-18884.html
    >>

    >> Svenne

    > I don't see why it shouldn't be permitted, as I understand Kirpans are
    > often quite small and can be fitted with a security chain or even sewn
    > into clothing.
    > A line should be possibly drawn on the length of blades because the
    > larger swashbuckling type may attract the wrong type of attention.

    Hmm, but the rest of us stand to be imprisoned for up to four years for
    carrying one.
    Something wrong here!

    Bod

    my, Feb 8, 2010

  2. my

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <hkotva$rcb$-september.org>, my <> writes

    >"Bod" <> wrote in message
    >On 08/02/2010 11:39, Djornsk wrote:
    >> Svenne wrote:
    >>> Britain's first Asian judge Sir Mota Singh says that Sikhs should be
    >>> allowed to carry daggers, known as Kirpans, to school.
    >>>
    >>> This will make a mockery of the law banning knives in public places,
    >>> but as long as it is done in the name of some ethnic minority
    >>> religion, it will probably be allowed.
    >>>
    >>> As for what might happen when we have dagger carrying schoolkids, just
    >>> look at what happens in India:
    >>>
    >>> "Robbers hold Delhi family hostage, loot cash....the assailants used a
    >>> Kirpan to threaten the family."
    >>>

    >>>www.livepunjab.com/articles/robbers-hold-delhi-family-hostage-loot-cas
    >>>h-18884.html
    >>>

    >>> Svenne

    >> I don't see why it shouldn't be permitted, as I understand Kirpans are
    >> often quite small and can be fitted with a security chain or even sewn
    >> into clothing.
    >> A line should be possibly drawn on the length of blades because the
    >> larger swashbuckling type may attract the wrong type of attention.

    >Hmm, but the rest of us stand to be imprisoned for up to four years for
    >carrying one.
    >Something wrong here!

    Wrong NG?
    Back to uk.legal!