    being ripped off by New York vendors! I'm not against buying abroad per se.

    Cheers

    Neil
    NCK, Apr 13, 2004

  2. NCK

    zbzbzb Guest

    >Where do people suggest I can buy the Sony F717 for a good price - without
    >being ripped off by New York vendors! I'm not against buying abroad per se.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Neil

    As for the New York vendors, certainly not all of them are rip offs. Try
    www.bhphoto.com and www.adorama.com. I'm sure there are other cheaper places
    but then the risk of a hassle starts going up. There are also services to check
    the ratings of online vendors. Try searching for American stores by product
    using www.shopper.com or www.pricegrabber.com. If I remember correctly both
    search sites are tied into a ratings service for the vendors they bring up.
    Even though www.bhphoto.com may not be the cheapest they do have one of the
    best reputations for selling photo gear and the prices, especially considering
    the exchange rate with the pound, should be much cheaper than in the UK. Hell,
    considering the air fares to New York are so cheap why not just fly there, get
    the camera, and make a little mini vacation out of it and you'll probably still
    come out ahead. :)
    zbzbzb, Apr 13, 2004

  3. "NCK" <> wrote in message
    > Where do people suggest I can buy the Sony F717 for a good price -

    without
    > being ripped off by New York vendors! I'm not against buying abroad per

    se.

    > Cheers
    >
    > Neil

    Neil,

    Jessops will price-match off a Web page (provided the item is in stock).
    I got a Minolta A2 for £632 (£749 list, I think). [I'm taking it back,
    though.]

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Apr 14, 2004