    Thankyou,

    Dribbler (confused like you wouldn't believe!)

    ---
    Dribbler, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Dribbler

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Dribbler bashed at the keyboard and said :

    > I am searching for the best broadband deal in the UK.
    > AOL looks promising - but I have seen its software having virtually
    > consumed a friends computer - I don't want this!
    > Can I have the broadband but no crud that I don't want?
    > I am not that computer clever, but want a fast connection at the best
    > price (less than thirty quid) - is AOL a good deal or is BT better?
    > Which do you use and prefer?
    > Thankyou,
    >
    > Dribbler (confused like you wouldn't believe!)

    Have a look here : http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

    There are plenty of reviews etc

    Enjoy :)

    --
    Mcploppy ©

    { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }
    Mcploppy ©, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Dribbler

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:38:05 +0100, Dribbler wrote:

    >I am searching for the best broadband deal in the UK.

    Upgrade to NTL BB :)

    >AOL looks promising - but I have seen its software having virtually consumed
    >a friends computer - I don't want this!

    Could start here
    http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

    Or any of the UK computer magazines that may have an ISP test/review
    section?

    <snip incl. useless broken AVG sig>

    Me
    why?, Oct 23, 2003
  4. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:38:05 +0100, "Dribbler"
    <> wrote:

    >I am searching for the best broadband deal in the UK.
    >AOL looks promising - but I have seen its software having virtually consumed
    >a friends computer - I don't want this!
    >Can I have the broadband but no crud that I don't want?
    >I am not that computer clever, but want a fast connection at the best price
    >(less than thirty quid) - is AOL a good deal or is BT better?
    >Which do you use and prefer?
    >Thankyou,
    >
    >Dribbler (confused like you wouldn't believe!)

    Stay away from AOL! They suck real bad.
    Nunnayabidniz, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Dribbler

    Paxo Guest

    I was on Freeserve Broadband for 14months, not bad and reasonable support.
    I have just switched to Zen internet, very pleased. Excellent speeds and 1st
    class customer support. I only swapped becuase I want static IP's (which
    Freeserve dont offer) as I run a server, but glad I did. Only probs with
    Freeserve were when I cancelled, took them 3 days for the retention dept to
    phone me back and actually accept my cancellation, then 10 days to clear the
    line so I could get Zen on. Dont go for Arseholes On Line, it really does
    take your PC over and is a nightmare to get rid of if you need to. Zen and
    FS are same price, £27.99, note no contract with Zen, you can cancel after a
    month if you like, FS is a minimum 12 month tie-in. Hope this helps.
    www.freeserve.co.uk
    www.zen.co.uk

    Paxo, Oct 24, 2003
  6. Dribbler

    Dribbler Guest

    "Paxo" <> wrote in message
    > I was on Freeserve Broadband for 14months, not bad and reasonable support.
    > I have just switched to Zen internet, very pleased. Excellent speeds and

    1st
    > class customer support. I only swapped becuase I want static IP's (which
    > Freeserve dont offer) as I run a server, but glad I did. Only probs with
    > Freeserve were when I cancelled, took them 3 days for the retention dept

    > phone me back and actually accept my cancellation, then 10 days to clear

    the
    > line so I could get Zen on. Dont go for Arseholes On Line, it really does
    > take your PC over and is a nightmare to get rid of if you need to. Zen and
    > FS are same price, £27.99, note no contract with Zen, you can cancel after

    > month if you like, FS is a minimum 12 month tie-in. Hope this helps.
    > www.freeserve.co.uk
    > www.zen.co.uk

    Thankyou everyone for your help in finding a decent and suitable broadband
    service. Lets hope that Tesco's aren't too uppy when I cancel my agreement
    with them within a year. I think I shall go for Zen as Paxo suggested.

    Dribbler

    ---
    Dribbler, Oct 24, 2003